Drama-free long distance Raptor retrieval story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had a car with adaptive cruise, and hoping it's all that you guys are cracking it up to be! Can you set how many car lengths you want to slow down before the knuckle head in front of you?

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the max distance is set to a 5 second lapse between you and the car in front of you. Adaptive cruise control is making me change my mind about self-driving vehicles. It's a 2.5 hour drive from Anchorage to the Kenai river where I fish in the summer and I probably make that drive at least 30 times a year. If I could kick back and let the truck drive me there, I would totally do it.

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazing more vehicles don't have it. My wife is looking for a new SUV and several brands don't even offer it. She won't get it without it. That, the blindspot indicator, and heated seats are her list. She won't even consider an SUV without all 3.

Yes, you can set the car lengths on the adaptive cruise control. We drive the 2.5 hours to Seattle all the time for soccer (3 boys) games and it is worth its weight in gold. I love it.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1600 Drama Free miles for me as well. Purchased in OH, drove home to MI. Unlike the previous posts, mine has been in and out of 4wd. Put it in Weather mode to drive from MI to Chicago during snow/periodic Blizzard conditions. I must say, without a doubt, the best vehicle I've ever been in through a blizzard. The truck automatically compensates for current conditions. It never broke traction during breaking nor acceleration. The only other vehicle Ive owned that came close to this performance was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I must admit, that others posting TransferCase problems had me worried, but this truck is incredible so far. I went from Gen1 to Gen2, hoping Ive not made a mistake!! Time will tell.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

1600 Drama Free miles for me as well. Purchased in OH, drove home to MI. Unlike the previous posts, mine has been in and out of 4wd. Put it in Weather mode to drive from MI to Chicago during snow/periodic Blizzard conditions. I must say, without a doubt, the best vehicle I've ever been in through a blizzard. The truck automatically compensates for current conditions. It never broke traction during breaking nor acceleration. The only other vehicle Ive owned that came close to this performance was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I must admit, that others posting TransferCase problems had me worried, but this truck is incredible so far. I went from Gen1 to Gen2, hoping Ive not made a mistake!! Time will tell.

That would be "Braking" not "Breaking". Yes, Yes I am an idiot!!