Dr. Mayhem's Murdered out Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the ugliest raptor I've ever seen!! Yeah, I'm just jealous! Have you done anything with the interior yet? Plans?

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any trimming or anything? How do they fit? Rubbing issues? I guess you have to add the 1.5 inch leveling in the front for them to fit

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DR.Mayhem

Reaction score
So did you have to bend or trim anything? Any rubbing now? How much farther to the tires stick out you think? These wheels I like the most so far of all. I still want to off-road slightly without tires hitting fenders and stuff

Hey Man. There is no rubbing at all. The wheels stick out about 2 inches. I do have an RPG coil spring perch collar installed. Makes the truck drive nicer as well. I haven't done any off roading so cannot comment on that. But with regular and high speed street driving and maneuvering there is absolutely no issues.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

The roll bars are a good idea. I was wondering what would happen if I roll mine down a big sand dune sideways. Would probably crush like a tin can...or aluminum can. So the roll bars work with the retrax cover? I wonder if a trifold cover would work with the roll bars. Are they custom built? If not what brand and where did you get them?

Hey Bud, I Looked long and hard for a Roll bar because it was the asthetic look I wanted. But I also wanted a retractable bed cover so this was hard to find. I got in Touch with GO RHINO who have done a lot of custom work on Ford F150s and I noticed that they had a cover on one of there trucks with a Retrax and it would fit the 2017 raptor. I got my dealership to order it and install it with the Retrax cover. I don't think it would work with a Tri fold with how the metal is attached to the bed but you could always call GO RHINO and ask them. They are great. I hope I helped.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

That's the ugliest raptor I've ever seen!! Yeah, I'm just jealous! Have you done anything with the interior yet? Plans?

Yah its my Ugly Beast. I haven't done anything to the interior yet because I was focused on the Exterior. My next MOD is the Full ATAK Borla exhaust system. It is taking them forever. But they said they should have it out soon. Everything in good time I guess.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Any trimming or anything? How do they fit? Rubbing issues? I guess you have to add the 1.5 inch leveling in the front for them to fit

You definitely need the Perch collar installed in the front. I think they would rub than. The wheels have a 0 offset. I didn't want to go any bigger with the tires. I am happy with the 35s, but I think the Nitto Ridge Grapplers have a nicer, more muscular look and tread pattern than the KO2s and they throw less debris up will driving. I need some mud guards but haven't found any I like thus far.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Great job with custom touches. I am sure it gets a ton of looks.

Yah man lots. But overall the best truck I have ever driven.

OP
OP
D

DR.Mayhem

Reaction score
One of the cleanest Jenny's I've seen so far. Nice work.

Thanks, the goal was to make it look as OEM as possible. Sometimes when you start adding a lot of custom stuff it looks like its just been thrown on and that's what I did not want. I wanted it to look like it just rolled out of Ford looking like that. So pretty happy with it.

phi341

Reaction score
Such a solid set up, nice work. I looked through thread and could not tell for sure, what was your wheel tire set up here? I'm 4 months into mine and I'm ready to start pulling the trigger on some upgrades

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DR.Mayhem

Reaction score
Such a solid set up, nice work. I looked through thread and could not tell for sure, what was your wheel tire set up here? I'm 4 months into mine and I'm ready to start pulling the trigger on some upgrades

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Bud.

The wheels are 20x9 with a 0 offset with RPG perch collars. Tires are 35 Nitto Ridge grapplers which are much nicer than the KO2s. In regards to the wheels I didn't want to go any larger because I feel it would take away from the mean asthetic of the beast. I'm not an offroader so did not like anything smaller either. I really don't like the 17s that come with the truck, beadlock or not. It's your truck, dress it up how you like it.