Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Door Handle Seal Issues???????

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Gatorgold, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Gatorgold

Gatorgold Member

The Ford dealership replaced all four door handles on my 2017 Raptor because the seals were coming out (Under warranty). Apparently they don’t offer just the seals. Four weeks later I’m having the same issue where the seals are starting to pop out around the handle frame. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you fix it? Thank you

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Wfo likes this.
  2. Wfo

Wfo FRF Addict

Yes! I have a late production 18 screw with the foam falling out on both driver side door handles. Ford says my truck had tsb update for freezing doors. My doors froze and wouldn’t close too many times to keep track last winter. My appointment is for this Friday.

3. raptoragecar

raptoragecar Full Access Member

my 2018 passenger side door handle seal is coming off. One of my keys would not unlock this door. Dealership said that they replaced the handle (even if the broken seal is in the exact same position) and repaired a wire on connector c634. Guess what?! same exact issue still present, one key works the other don't.

4. Wfo

Wfo FRF Addict

Last Friday I had the dealer install new foam seals. They did not have to replace whole door handle. They supposedly do some sort of cable end update to help prevent water from entering and freezing. They only did driver side, that was only side with the foam coming out. Guess I’ll have to see how it goes this winter.