Does Raptor have Active Park Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AND......now that Ford has limited reverse speeds to like 20 or something you can't even use the backup pro to race in reverse. You will get spanked by the simplest of vehicles and drivers, bastards.
Nanny b u l l s h i t. We used to back pickups down vineyard drives at 30 or so because we were too lazy to turn around. And being too lazy to turn our heads, we got good at using mirrors. It's hilarious when youthful stupidity turns out to be useful life training.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AND......now that Ford has limited reverse speeds to like 20 or something you can't even use the backup pro to race in reverse. You will get spanked by the simplest of vehicles and drivers, bastards.
So far I haven't had to do it in the rap, but have had to on many occasions on the past - get surprised by a fat truck, nowhere to ditch it, slam on brakes, back up at full speed while truck bumper bearing down on you. Nip into ditch or wide spot before contact.

Even though we use radios, sometimes a call can be missed and in the steep coastal logging roads, radios signals get messed up with cliffs/mountains etc.

The point is, I've reversed the raptor quickly, but I haven't done a flat out 'emergency' reverse to see if a nanny kicks in. I'd rather know now than game day. Besides, since it isn't a work truck, I'm more inclined to back up than drive into a rock/tree filled ditch.

The implied concept is that a loaded 'fat' off-highway logging truck can't stop on some of these grades and certainly not very quickly. They dump water on their brakes when going down steeper grades and are on the edge of control as it is. Whether a pickup is in their way or not doesn't make a huge difference to what they can or can't do.

1630186398837.png