Does Raptor have Active Park Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, it is like that trailer backup dial with all of the stickers you have to put on the trailer. What ever happened to learning how to back up a trailer? It's really not that hard. Just takes practice like everything else.
I saw all that stuff when I bought my truck, never bothered with it. I started with 3 rail bike trailers before I started hauling around construction trailers.

I have to say, I love the camera that shows a close up of the ball when I'm hooking up. I found out by accident the last time I used it, if you tap the screen that shows your hitch, it zooms and takes over the screen. Really nice compared to hopping in and out of the truck. I don't know if that's in the manual and I missed it, or if it's not in the manual.

Last edited:

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is all math, so the wider truck has nothing to do the programming of how to park the truck. It is probably because most raptor desert runner are not parallel parking :D. It was an option on my 15 Lariat (yes I was taught how to parallel park and back up a trialer). There was a spot about 2 1/2 size of the truck. Turned it on and it parked it amazingly. I only used it one time in real parking when we were driving around Chicago looking for a parking spot. I turned it on so it would help find a spot. After about 20 min it found that spot on a one way street with cars behind me. I said screw it and let it park. I could have done it but at that time I said screw it...

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is all math, so the wider truck has nothing to do the programming of how to park the truck. It is probably because most raptor desert runner are not parallel parking :D.
I would bet that most Raptors are parallel parking at almost the same rates as any other F150. I would also bet that the only reason you can't get Active Park Assist in the Raptor is because the side sensors are located on the front fenders and Ford didn't see the value in requiring multiple fender part numbers to accommodate a minor option just for the Raptor trim.

Harlley

Reaction score
I would bet that most Raptors are parallel parking at almost the same rates as any other F150. I would also bet that the only reason you can't get Active Park Assist in the Raptor is because the side sensors are located on the front fenders and Ford didn't see the value in requiring multiple fender part numbers to accommodate a minor option just for the Raptor trim.
I agree with you. It definitely doesn't have it as an option.for the reason that you said.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, it is like that trailer backup dial with all of the stickers you have to put on the trailer. What ever happened to learning how to back up a trailer? It's really not that hard. Just takes practice like everything else.
Haha, I will put on my skirt and try both of them. I might not use them... but I want to at least try them. I do want to see if my wife will be able to back up the snowmobile trailer. :) I am betting no even with the gadgetry. She can back the Gen 1 into a parking spot though.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, I will put on my skirt and try both of them. I might not use them... but I want to at least try them. I do want to see if my wife will be able to back up the snowmobile trailer. :) I am betting no even with the gadgetry. She can back the Gen 1 into a parking spot though.
Thats my thought process also. I know how to back trailers up but i also love tech. So i set it all up and if its ever needed, Its setup.

Raptor2022

Reaction score
I could care less about parking but BlueCruise thread states that MY22 don't have BC due to lack of 4 sensors related to active-parking-assist. So, can anyone reconfirm we have those sensors, and it actually works on MY22?

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried a few of these park assist systems for laughs on different cars that have been in the shop. you could park the car twice as fast yourself.

Last edited: