Diamond Back Bed Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lupa

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Diamond Back Bed Covers? They look heavy duty. I would appreciate suggestions on other brands I should consider. I am looking for one that is heavy duty and keeps things nice and secure. I travel to the western states hunting and I need something that can keep expensive gear secure.

MOT26

Reaction score
I have the HD and I love it. I don't think there is anything on the market that could match it. You could ratchet a bull moose on top of it and be on your way.

The SE weighs 80 pounds, not very heavy in my opinion considering the build quality and the security that it will give you.

And they give military/veterans a discount.

https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/covers

OP
OP
Lupa

Lupa

Reaction score
@MOT26 Thanks for the reply! So you have the HD, how much do you think it weighs? Do you think there is any difference security wise between the SE and the HD? I'm not really needing to haul anything on top of it.

Andyraptor

Reaction score
The first accessory I bought for my 2018 truck was the HD Diamondback bed cover. Like you, my top priority is security and this cover gets the job done! The weight is minimal (not sure the exact #).
On Sunday a friend needed help moving a piece of furniture and in a moment of weakness agreed to help. I was impressed with how easy it is to remove and replace the cover for the occasional need to use the open bed.

MOT26

Reaction score
@MOT26 Thanks for the reply! So you have the HD, how much do you think it weighs? Do you think there is any difference security wise between the SE and the HD? I'm not really needing to haul anything on top of it.

Not sure of the HD's weight. It might be a few pounds heavier than the SE. I installed it by myself with ease.

I'm guessing that both models are exactly the same when it comes to security.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Diamondback is leading my choices for covers, security is also my #1 concern. I like the look of their 270 model for easier access to the front of the bed. I depend on an ARB fridge for my commuting trips about 30 weeks per year, so easy fridge access is a priority.

I’m not interested in one of the rolling covers or the backflip. The roll box on the rolling covers takes up too much of an already short bed, and the backflip can be broken into with a coat hanger.

80 pounds seems lighter than the fiberglass tonneau on my diesel truck, but that is a long bed.