Detailing a Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the ceramic, did mine last year and I can tell it’s fading away , and I always followed all instructions, proper soap , and all the *********. I’m not going down that road again not worth the money , a good hand wash and and a proper detailing wax will do just fine.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Work trucks, I mean white trucks :) look dull and dirty when actually dirty as well. The carbonized gray was/is probably the best to look clean for longer when dirty. Having said that I have antimatter blue, love it but agree dark colors you have to keep clean. But hey it's a Raptor, looks good clean and dirty.
tempImageaR587u.jpg
CE57FDBD-4504-41E2-843F-E811E1F90914.JPG

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know ceramic make the car look good. I have used Gtechniq or however you spell it myself along with a few others. I hand wash my vehicles, I use proper ceramic detail sprays, ph safe soap from Rupes... and never ever has any of these ceramic coats ever lasted anywhere as long as they say.
Well you did it right this time. With white you can wash the car with a Brillo pad and it will still look decent.

As for the ceramics not lasting, that’s why I get it professionally done. With their annual maintenance they will touch up any areas that need help (for free).

willywilson

Reaction score
I've had good result using Quartz UK. I double coat and top coat with reload. Maintain it with reload every 3 months. I enjoy auto detail work, but yes they charge a crazy amount to ceramic coat. I want to retire early.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the ceramic, did mine last year and I can tell it’s fading away , and I always followed all instructions, proper soap , and all the *********. I’m not going down that road again not worth the money , a good hand wash and and a proper detailing wax will do just fine.
Maybe your ceramic is clogged. Some companies sell a product that can restore the ceramic and water beading capabilities. I had the same problem with mine. Maybe worth a try for you.

willywilson

Reaction score
That is just a top coat. Example Carpro Reload to maintain Cquartz. All the different ceramic products offer a maintenance spray. It's low % SiO2 with a glosser usually.