Dealership w/o markups, allocation & deposit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like buying @ invoice or less personally.

Ordering and paying "dealer invoice" is the way to go. Especially when you consider the "dealer invoice" you are paying is already higher and different than the actual "dealer price."

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same thing is going on with Jeep`s new 392 Wrangler. The wife wants one but yet there are no prices available but you can go the any dealer and leave a deposit. From the few that we have gone to I have heard two things, we are selling it at MSRP and others have told me that it's in such high demand they are charging a premium over MSRP which is ********.

I had mentioned in another post about the dealer fee`s and other bits that bring the price up. I bought my 18 Raptor in NY and they (the state) has put a cap on what dealers can charge and it is $75.00 in NY. The average seems to be around $500-$800 depending on the dealer in NJ.

Only issue is that every Jeep dealer I have called in NY is adding anywhere from $2500-on up on the msrp
So I would rather but from my home state and just find the right dealer that's not trying to take one of my kidneys with the sale

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordering and paying "dealer invoice" is the way to go. Especially when you consider the "dealer invoice" you are paying is already higher and different than the actual "dealer price."

Basically there still making money. And there’s other things that they earn on in that sale.

JDZ

Reaction score
Wasn’t it pretty rare during the Gen 2’s lifecycle in CA to buy a Raptor at MSRP let alone now a Gen 3?

CA typically at least 5 minimum to 20K over MSRP if you live in LA area for 2020 Gen 2. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jax L

Reaction score
CA typically at least 5 minimum to 20K over MSRP if you live in LA area for 2020 Gen 2. Good luck.

Exactly. I'm located in California and had to search out-of-state. I started emailing small town dealers in the Mid-West and South, searching for an allocation at or below MSRP. I paid under sticker on my '18 and just put a deposit on a Gen 3 for below MSRP. There are dealerships selling at and below MSRP. Finding one with allocations without a list of people already ahead of you was the more difficult challenge. That's my experience anyway.