Dealers that won't charge a Mark up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MNWILKO

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows dealers around the country that won't be charging a markup on there initial allocations? My local dealers were all saying 10k+

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows dealers around the country that won't be charging a markup on there initial allocations? My local dealers were all saying 10k+

I got my Raptor at $50 over dealer invoice (I know, dealer invoice is still a little inflated to cover ancillary charges).

It really depends on the relationship you have with your particular dealership.....

OP
OP
MNWILKO

MNWILKO

Reaction score
I got my Raptor at $50 over dealer invoice (I know, dealer invoice is still a little inflated to cover ancillary charges).

It really depends on the relationship you have with your particular dealership.....

That's where my problem lies. I have purchased 4 vehicles from my dealer and have a great relationship. But the dealer is so big and my sales person took a different job so it's almost like starting at square one.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Louisburg Ford had them at $50 over invoice. Not sure if that will apply for Gen 2, but I would venture to guess it will.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

That's where my problem lies. I have purchased 4 vehicles from my dealer and have a great relationship. But the dealer is so big and my sales person took a different job so it's almost like starting at square one.

You can always take your business elsewhere. There will always be another dealer willing to make a deal if they gain a customer.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I hear you. It's tough to keep a good relationship going. It seems like when you finally get a good guy, they move on or move up!

I deal exclusively with the GM at my dealership for that very reason. You might go to him and mention that your favorite salesman has changed positions and you would still like to work with him and the GM in the future. They are there to sell vehicles, after all, and you'll get the best of both worlds!

I hate the 'let me check this deal with my GM' game.......

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USAA member? I got a really good deal by ordering one while using the USAA car buying program. Cookeville Ford in Tennessee gave me a good deal through that program.

lt3170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I started the process, I went online found a dealer in PA out by state college that dropped the price 1k over the phone. I ended getting a great deal with a local dealer. But with everyone looking at the 17 and all the hype with the crowd selling off the Gen1 it maybe a tough environment. Good luck!