Dealer says my 2018 Raptor is only worth $25k on trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Blue book fair trade in. 25k offer sounds right. It's hard to sell anything with over 100k miles not many banks will finance them. Especially now the repo rate is close to 30 percent

Per my dad and what hell looked at

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pendulum swings. I can't wait to see the $10,000-$15,000 off MSRP deals coming, with non-stop commercials. Going to be very interesting to see the trickle down from the insane UAW wage increases. XL work trucks will cost a fortune. Platinum will finally cost as much as the rare metal.

Next up, banks will start running loans for 7, 8 or even 10 years on vehicles that only last for five.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealers look at the MMR value then deduct their hard costs and margins from there. You don’t have access to those numbers unless you have a dealer/broker license.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, supply and demand. I recently KBB self appraised my 18 802A (value not seriously ever selling) with 60K it came in at $49.9 although Carvana and umpteen dealerships emailed me wanting to “chat”.
As mentioned before, figure what you’re willing to pay, then figure what you’ll accept for your Raptor.

Personally I’d keep it…
:)
V/R
Smokey

Last edited:

Hal993

Reaction score
KBB trade value for an 802A w/ 118k miles in good condition is 28-34. That's a heck of a range, but well above $25k. As the new sales market is coming to buyers, the trade-in market is sliding fast. ... so...

Dealers are always switching barrels out to see which one we will trip and fall over.

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a shitload of miles. That’s a 35k truck to sell off the lot if they’re lucky. Sad to say but them Offering $25k is their way of not wanting it at all.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sell it on AutoTrader.
Sometime it's better to take the lowball depending on taxes and where you live.

On a $25,000 trade in offer, you'd have to get over $27,000 on a private sale to make it worth paying the extra taxes on $25,000. Plus you have to potentially deal with tire kickers, low ballers, people driving it but not buying it, etc... Time is money for most people.

Zero chance of being sued by the new ower either.

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
That’s a shitload of miles. That’s a 35k truck to sell off the lot if they’re lucky. Sad to say but them Offering $25k is their way of not wanting it at all.
This is absolutely it! Had a Wrangler Rubicon low mileage for the year, last year dealer offered me a $24k on trade. I sold it for $40k private party within a week. Went to test drive a TRX from the same dealer afterwards (with no intention of buying from that dealer, sales guys said the offer was so low because they didnt want it, would have been harder to finance due to age and mileage. The lowball offer protects them in the situation that it goes to auction or sits on the lot a while.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are recent auction numbers (what MMR is based on). Unless your truck is very beat up, you should be able to get more for trade-in. Or sell it yourself and get more still.

I went through this with my Audi RS7 back in March/April. Dealers were only offering me 30-34k even though I showed them KBB, comparable retail listings, even MMR values. Wouldn't budge. I sold it on FB marketplace for $46.5k. The guy drove 8 hours to buy it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 11.51.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 11.51.33 AM.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 54

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc