Dealer says my 2018 Raptor is only worth $25k on trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly dealers will go by “good” condition. I don’t think they EVER go for very good
I think when at 100k they go by fair. My dad could look on his list at what they are paying and selling for ,he works at a dealership, he's been in the industry for 35 years. If you want me to check I can.

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think when at 100k they go by fair. My dad could look on his list at what they are paying and selling for ,he works at a dealership, he's been in the industry for 35 years. If you want me to check I can.
I would definitely be curious

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KBB is a somewhat useless measure. Most dealers are going off auction numbers and NADA blackbook. Unfortunately consumers can't see that number.

Source: I was a Sales Manager for ages.
Funny, when I went to do the deal for my '23, they had a print out from KBB.com and said I could look it up for myself. They missed options, the miles too high, etc. - whatever got it down to show what they were willing to give me. That's when I said OK, I'll go to the other dealership and have them order me one. Salesman texted me that night to start reworking it on his end.

It's all a game. Go in with your number and don't change. Walking out is fine. Them not calling back is fine. There are lots of trucks and just because they have one to sell you doesn't mean you have to take their deal. It's your deal, be patient and don't compromise.