GEN 2 Dealer installed spray in bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What did that run?

Listen bro a little trick to get one free if your truck doesn’t come with the factory spray in. Make your best deal with the dealer. And then say, if you can throw in the Linex, I’ll take the truck.

I mean don’t be an ass about it, if the deal is beyond good to begin with. But it’s how I got mine in a market that normally doesn’t budge on price.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excellent bedliner K223! That’s the shit I wish I had. That’s how it should be sprayed! I talked to my dealer today and they confirmed that’s how ford does there bedliners . He suggested I go to an aftermarket installer and see if they can fill in the gaps. I will check it out after all this Covid crap. Thanks for all the pics. I’m definitely gonna do my wheel wells to. Not sure I’m down with all the labor involved with sanding and prepping wheel wells, to do it myself. But definitely good to know that it can be done, and it looks good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! The Linex folks do good work and basically it comes out like factory. And I’m picky, so it’s a damn good job.

I’d bet they won’t want to do a small fill in the gaps job, around your factory liner. They normally scuff the paint and do slot of prep work. But hey try them out, and maybe if you get the wheel wells done they will do it. I’m sure times are slow.

Worst case, maybe tape it off yourself and get a can of good quality spray on or rubberized coating and finish it off yourself. They may even have brush on, if your worried about spraying that stuff around your new rig.

Enjoy the truck!

OP
OP
edubpdx

edubpdx

Reaction score
If you're talking about what I did, first of all, thanks! Second, I probably spent 2-3 minutes taking off the plastic trim piece around the wheel well, 2 minutes spraying it down with my pressure washer, 5 minutes sanding by hand just to roughen the surface a bit (it's not painted real well as it is, so I probably didn't even *need* to sand, but figured it was worth the time), and then another 2 minutes rinsing/drying. So, that's just over 10 minutes per wheel well for the prep. Threw a plastic bag from a grocery store over the shock, and wrapped another one around the exhaust, and then began painting (which took all of 5 minutes itself). It wasn't exactly labor intensive! ;)
Good to know. You didn’t even have to remove the wheels? Well thanks to your tip, I just put that 3M rubberized spray on my amazon wish list. I’ll see what the linex people say. If they can fix my tailgate and do the wheel wells for a reasonable price? It’s definitely nice to know that I can do it myself, and have it look nice, for cheap! That’s why I love this site! Thanks a bunch for all the great ideas and back stories!

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. You didn’t even have to remove the wheels? Well thanks to your tip, I just put that 3M rubberized spray on my amazon wish list. I’ll see what the linex people say. If they can fix my tailgate and do the wheel wells for a reasonable price? It’s definitely nice to know that I can do it myself, and have it look nice, for cheap! That’s why I love this site! Thanks a bunch for all the great ideas and back stories!

If you're going to get it from Amazon, I recall them selling it in multiple packs, and you can probably save money that way. My local auto parts store actually had it cheaper than Amazon (and had a 20% off coupon if I ordered online from them and picked it up in store).

And, yeah, I took the tires/wheels off also. I guess I didn't add that into the "prep". The tires make for good seats while you're sanding/painting, though! :)

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score