Dashcam help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before tapping into the wires directly, I picked up two low profile mini add-a-circuits but the prongs do not extend far enough as the standard fuses are recessed about an 1/8th of an inch. Any work arounds?

I have seen posts where guys are using these but none have mentioned the issue.

Last edited:

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disregard my last post. I found out you can use the mini taps with low profile mini fuses.

mike.s

Reaction score
I just hard wired my Roadhawk HD dashcam. I ended up using a fuse tap like this:

Cooper Bussmann/ATM fuse tap BP-HHH-RP at AutoZone.com - 1 reviews

and tapped into fuse 37 which supplies power only when the truck is turned on. As soon as you turn the truck off, the dashcam turns off as well, just the way I wanted it.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Here's a video sample of the Roadhawk HD. I'm pretty happy with the video quality.

http://youtu.be/o93yXxeNiDE

Last edited:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran a 12 volt feed and used the mini tap from under the hood when I ran the wires for other things all at once. I went with an over the mirror type so it just clips to the factory mirror and adds a 2.5 inch display in the corner of the mirror. I can use 32 GB cards and can record for hours before it overlaps.

Here is a quick video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-n0XEnqpyY

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha ^^^

So I've decided to get a dash cam, I've been seeing way too many funny dash cam vids on Facebook in this snow storm..

I was going to go with the gopro hero4 black, will pickup tomorrow I think,, anyone use one of these for such tasks?

Last edited: