Dash keeps showing light problem with trailer when there is none?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can try swapping the lights on the trailer from left to right or at least the bulbs. I'm assuming they are LED. If the problem follows the bulb, problem solved, if not clean the socket, then work your way back to the truck. It' almost certainly a "load" error on the circuit causing the light.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can try swapping the lights on the trailer from left to right or at least the bulbs. I'm assuming they are LED. If the problem follows the bulb, problem solved, if not clean the socket, then work your way back to the truck. It' almost certainly a "load" error on the circuit causing the light.
It's an older trailer with the standard incandescent bulbs.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got my trailer lights fixed. EASY fix for once. I pulled the bulb and the socket was really clean, zero corrosion. I figured I would try replacing the bulb first before I got too deep, that fixed it! I'm guessing something in the bulb was ready to go, and the truck sensed something was off on that side. I wish all my repairs were so easy.