Damn Rough Country light bar, Get what you pay for.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyBiscuits

Reaction score
we sell rough country at the 4X4 shop i work at. the new black series lights are pretty dang good, and have a 3 year warranty. value for price is more than decent and customer support is second to none with them.

they may not be the best but - no way are they the worst.
could you put a spacer between the mounting bracket to bump it out? a few washers? being behind the grille idk if its worth BD for that price.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the same Rough Country hidden grill bar for almost three years now and am pleased with its output and fitment. Mine installed easily and needed no trimming. Assuming of course we are talking the 30 inch bar. From the looks of your photo that appears to be curved. Is it?

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
All the Exterior Illumination I've added so far on my truck has been Rough Country. The light in the lower grill where the license plate doesn't put out a ton of light, but I think it's more placement than the brand of light itself (I still think it looks cool, but I'm a 12 year old at heart).

FrontLightsOff.jpg FrontLightsOn.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You honestly get what you pay for. It's why we don't sell cheap products on our site (well with the exception of the AuxBeam series, which we sell because of the Jeep guys... all they care about are cheap lightbars and pretty RGB stuff, bleh!)

I'd recommend throw it out or sell it online and go with the Baja Designs S8 kit. We have them in stock so head over to our site.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You honestly get what you pay for. It's why we don't sell cheap products on our site (well with the exception of the AuxBeam series, which we sell because of the Jeep guys... all they care about are cheap lightbars and pretty RGB stuff, bleh!)

I'd recommend throw it out or sell it online and go with the Baja Designs S8 kit. We have them in stock so head over to our site.

Hey guy be professional, sell your product but don’t put the other guys down as selling cheap products. As I said above I have this product, it has lots of light, fits perfect. If Brent13 has the same product he’s doing something wrong. Your recommendation to throw it out or sell on line and buy your product is classless. I exspect more from our FRF vendors. I think your boss needs to have a talk with you.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guy be professional, sell your product but don’t put the other guys down as selling cheap products. As I said above I have this product, it has lots of light, fits perfect. If Brent13 has the same product he’s doing something wrong. Your recommendation to throw it out or sell on line and buy your product is classless. I exspect more from our FRF vendors. I think your boss needs to have a talk with you.

What other guy? The OP admits it was a POS product he bought. He stated he was going with a better product. There are tons of posts on this very forum of people experiencing issues with RC because it's a cheap product. Most people running RC have moisture in their lights, rusted brackets, incomplete wiring harnesses, confusing instructions, etc...

That's why the OP made this post...

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I think “cheap and you get what you pay for is really only “it depends”. I have stumbled across some very well built high output lights that are 1/10th the cost of the big names. Those BD and Rigid lights Imo are getting a little ridiculous in their prices. Would love to do a true side by side comparison but have a hard time justifying those costs to mount to the truck let alone to destroy one.

That being said I don’t normally buy kits for “bolt and go” application. So my focus is on the led diode, output, and how well it’s sealed, nothing else..

Codyw

Reaction score
I have the same bar behind the grill as @04Ram2500Hemi , its the rough country kit. Install was super easy with minor trimming. Output and quality is decent. Definitely worth the money spent.

20200912_160915.jpg

20200912_160901.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I tend to agree. You buy Rough Country, you know it's cheaper for a reason. Doesn't mean it's trash, but you could probably replace it 3 times for the cost of some of the others. Doesn't mean the others are 3 times better either.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What other guy? The OP admits it was a POS product he bought. He stated he was going with a better product. There are tons of posts on this very forum of people experiencing issues with RC because it's a cheap product. Most people running RC have moisture in their lights, rusted brackets, incomplete wiring harnesses, confusing instructions, etc...

That's why the OP made this post...

The “other guy” I’m talking about is Rough Country, the company you seem to believe only sells cheap stuff. Then you admit you sell cheap stuff and then down the “Jeep” customers that buy your cheap products. IMO you need to think about what you post a little more before posting. If you don’t like cheap stuff stop selling it and tell the Jeep crowd to go somewhere else. See how that works for improving your income..