Rough Country Light Bar Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saby

Reaction score
I have 2018 ford raptor. Installed a Rough Country light bar in the front grille over the weekend and I noticed that the bar wont let the shutter close now. It makes a clicking noise. Has anyone run across this issue? Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve done the behind the grille light x2, once with cheap bars and just recently with the s8. Is the light hitting the front of the grill section?

if not, is there any play in the mounts that would allow the shutters to close?

if the front grill section is flush against the light, presumably at the corners, you may be able to get away with relieving the front grill with a file or dremel to get some more clearance. if you’re not hitting maybe you could slide the mount(s) more forward?

OP
OP
S

Saby

Reaction score
RC's customer service was useless. I ended up taking the thing apart and realized its not the light. There is enough clearance. Its the shutter system. Plank 2 and 3 make a clicking noise when adjusting. Trying to figure out if thats normal. The rest of the system is fine

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You bought a cheap bar online. RC is known for having a LOT of stuff but they put their name on everything. The bars/kits they offer are just the cheap chinese style bars. Now. nothing wrong with those cheap chinese bars, you get what ya pay for, but they don't put the R&D into it like Baja/Rigid do.

Baja put the R&D into their bolt-on raptor kits and for good reason... because as smurf said, they work/fit.

Now.. how to solve your issue... well, remove the shutters. Honestly they can cause lots of trouble sometimes when you are trying to install accessories. Hell if you ever do an intercooler you're going to remove the shutters anyway, may as well do it now.

Or you can get rid of the RC bar, and do what smurf did... buy a Baja Designs kit (*cough* from us would be nice *cough*)

OP
OP
S

Saby

Reaction score
Baja is little out there for me. I can probably do a rigid bar without the wife at my throat. Maybe y'all can quote me a rigid bar

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize this may not be the look you're looking for, but with a little Sweat Equity you can find some Baja Designs or rigid to mount in the fog light pocket and still be discreet. Don't know what your total budget is, but it's under 700 for 6 lights, brackets, and wiring into the upfitter switch. And as everybody will undoubtedly tell you, the light output is astounding.

OP
OP
S

Saby

Reaction score
I have 6x rigids in the fog section. The RC was just kind of an overkill on my part. Almost burned my eyes from the output with all the lights on at the same time

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We can quote you a Rigid bar but why not wait a few months and buy the Baja? But if you want the Rigid shoot me a PM with the bar you are looking for, i'll quote it out for ya