Damn Rough Country light bar, Get what you pay for.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brent13

Reaction score
Unless someone tells me I’ve installed something wrong the fitment of the RC light bar is bad. The installation instructions are worse. I’m way old enough to know better to buy cheap and expect anything more than cheap. I should have researched better. Sending the POS back and going with BD unless someone shows me my installation error. If the instructions said this was part of install then no problem.

E4753E8A-FD1A-44CC-82B8-3BCC18614C8E.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like its for a gen 1, lol. But I have no experience in this. We've all been there though! Hope you get it figured out.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m missing some relevant facts but is this a behind the grilled install? if so, is that a curved light bar? Behind the grille kits are made for straight light bars.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I remember looking at this and seeing a video where they said you have to trim some of the shutters to make it fit. I think that's not the case on the BD item (don't have either).

OP
OP
B

Brent13

Reaction score
Yes, I’ve now found one or two post that indicate they had to do that. On mine it’s about 1/2 inch. If the instructions indicated that, then ok you know what your getting. It’s going back and I’ll spend the money for the BD.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think that's not the case on the BD item (don't have either).

The b/d S8 behind the grille does not require trimming. The fit is tight, but shutters work.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with bd s8. Very nice light... pricey but nice. I got the foggers and s8 last year Black Friday with the rebates to save a little change.

I am considering the new morimoto lights to complete the package. I already feel like I can see into the future with the setup.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We’ve all done it. Buy something for less and then realize it’s a POS.

I’m really happy with my BD lights that I just received. Ya, they were pricey but excellent quality. Don’t really hear any complaints about them so I feel good about the purchase.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got that light bar and behind the grille mounting kit. It installed pretty easy and I've been super happy with it for the past couple of years. All the rest of my lights are bd. You lose a decent amount of light output since it's behind the grille so the difference between the two brands will only be in how it hits your wallet. It's not a ************* light bar, you probably just didn't do enough research.