CVF Titan V2 & ADD Pro Bolt-On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
I have the CVF on my truck and I don’t know any smog shop that would be able to spot that thing. Just have stock intake, inlet tubes, downpipes, and tune and you should be good.
It would totally be my luck the place I went to would spot it. Definitely a little easier to see with the ADD bumper too!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then I’d just go to a different place haha. The only intercooler I think would give you trouble are the big “fmic’s” that relocate to in front of the radiator.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I was recently out in the desert (Anza) and was comparing my stock temps with others running big intercoolers and I didn't think the difference was that big to justify the cost. I'm running Goosetune Stage 1 and other truck was running Stage 2. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I'm good with the stock unit.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was recently out in the desert (Anza) and was comparing my stock temps with others running big intercoolers and I didn't think the difference was that big to justify the cost. I'm running Goosetune Stage 1 and other truck was running Stage 2. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I'm good with the stock unit.

What temps?

FenixAmmo

Reaction score
According to ADD, only their kit and potentially Full Race have been tested.

My Mountune didn't even come close.

Their AFE kit rubs the number on the intercooler tubing on both sides. It's a pretty terrible design considering it was supposedly made to fit their own bumper.

I'm probably going to sell my ADD bumper and get the RPG Shotgun.

On another note - anyone in Michigan want a good deal on a Mountune front mount kit?

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
What temps?
His air charge temps were 9 degrees cooler, not always but that was the biggest difference. It was usually around 5-6 degrees. There was even a moment on the highway where my temps were cooler, but he was running 37's. That could be a factor as well. All in all not worth it for me.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think the bigger relocated intercoolers are necessary, but the stock intercooler is a very inefficient and small design. Switching to a bar and plate style core increases efficiency tremendously. I think there are too many variables in your anecdotal test to isolate the improvement. 35 vs 37 tires and stage 1 vs 2 tunes would both make a big difference.

In addition to lowering charge temps, a good bar and plate core will have less pressure drop across the core, resulting in the same power at a lower boost pressure, or more power at the same boost pressure, and in turn is much healthier for the motor.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I don’t think the bigger relocated intercoolers are necessary, but the stock intercooler is a very inefficient and small design. Switching to a bar and plate style core increases efficiency tremendously. I think there are too many variables in your anecdotal test to isolate the improvement. 35 vs 37 tires and stage 1 vs 2 tunes would both make a big difference.

In addition to lowering charge temps, a good bar and plate core will have less pressure drop across the core, resulting in the same power at a lower boost pressure, or more power at the same boost pressure, and in turn is much healthier for the motor.

Intercoolers are primarily relocated due to frame cut bumpers. Not for being more efficient than stock location. Even though I believe the FMIC have more surface area.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Intercoolers are primarily relocated due to frame cut bumpers. Not for being more efficient than stock location. Even though I believe the FMIC have more surface area.

That’s absolutely not true, if it were, stock location intercooler upgrades wouldn’t exist. Also, Cobb isn’t requiring an intercooler upgrade to run a stage 2 tune because you’ll need a frame cut bumper or winch, they do it because the significantly reduced charge air temps.

The additional bonus of the relocated intercoolers (aside from a much bigger core and higher airflow across the core in that location) is that it allows for any bumper or winch combo also.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not sure how it's not true. If you are not installing a frame cut bumper, then you can upgrade the stock location Intercooler. Or you can add a FMIC. But if you are installing a frame cut bumper then I am not aware of any stock location Intercooler that would still work. Upgraded or not.

Think either I explained it wrong or we are talking past eachother. I was not arguing that an upgraded stock Intercooler is trash and not needed. Was saying that people go to a FMIC due to bumper requirements. Not just for increased power.