CV Boot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I love the RCV axles, but as little as I run in 4wd I think for me the money is better spent elsewhere. I may change my mind after another blown boot though, even though it's a cheap fix it's annoying to keep dealing with it.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I run 4wd all the time and lots of 4lo. At least once a week I'll go take a Bath in mud pools and ride trails, so a broken cv shaft every time it's a pain in the ass. What really sold me was the no questions asked life time warranty. I got them for 2050 can $ , my fab guy is a authorized dealer for rcv in Ontario and hooked me up. Plus they look nice the black with the orange boots. And it's also corrosive protected so always a plus here in Canada.
Before this I bought oem refurbished cv axles at 110 a pop. But if I'm changing the lower arms, upper, tie rods and then whole suspension along this year might as well invest in something that's bullet proof right.
Deffinately do not want to be broken down on the trail with 2wd left. Not only did my cv broke, my gear assembly shattered and my whole wheel hub splines grinded to bits.
I should take it easy....NOT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
W

wapeska

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be my first winter with the beast, I will see how it does with South Dakota snow and mud. I have 20" XD rims and BFG K2 tires, they look great we'll see how they perform.

I used both BFG TA's and Nitto Terra Grappler on my '04 F-150, loved both tires - impressed with the Terra Grapplers for off roading.

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 4wd all the time and lots of 4lo. At least once a week I'll go take a Bath in mud pools and ride trails, so a broken cv shaft every time it's a pain in the ass. What really sold me was the no questions asked life time warranty. I got them for 2050 can $ , my fab guy is a authorized dealer for rcv in Ontario and hooked me up. Plus they look nice the black with the orange boots. And it's also corrosive protected so always a plus here in Canada.
Before this I bought oem refurbished cv axles at 110 a pop. But if I'm changing the lower arms, upper, tie rods and then whole suspension along this year might as well invest in something that's bullet proof right.
Deffinately do not want to be broken down on the trail with 2wd left. Not only did my cv broke, my gear assembly shattered and my whole wheel hub splines grinded to bits.
I should take it easy....NOT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi , can you please let me know your feedback on the RCV axles ? Just wanted to know on top perch how are they .. Please check my latest thread on this issue as im struggling to understand if RCV builds the strongest axle "on the planet"...