Cummins to Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
czechdogg

czechdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I kept the cummins and added a raptor. But I do agree that the smog system sucks.

I would've kept mine, it's an 04 6 speed with the full Carli treatment and had brand new rubber to boot. Passed it on to my son, it was his dream truck! When I move to Montana here in the next year or two I will likely either pick up a 12 valve to build or p-pump a 3rd gen. Mean while modding the Raptor will keep me plenty busy.

joelc79

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as the op, i am currently in a 08' mega cab and am in the market for new. The inflated diesel prices and fuel mileage sucks these days. I use mine for work (travel) and am going to opt out of driving after my spring season. I have another diesel (03' twin turbo) as a toy so im still in good shape.

I am currently looking wherever i go in my travels. When/if i do buy i would be using it for work for the next month. From what i hear i'll be stopping at most gas stations too.
But the maintenance and fuel prices are kicking my ass anyways. The Raptor will be my 2-3 day a week ride in summer and winter months when i have to go into the office.

OP
OP
czechdogg

czechdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
czechdogg - Is your truck on mid-perch?

BajaSVT, yes it was on mid perch in the photo, however I've upgraded to the RPG tuned Fox 3.0 bypass shocks front and rear.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

czechdogg, I like the truck vault, could you give a little more info on it please.

Who built the truck vault for you? I would do that if I had a bed.

Here is the link to Truck Vault, TruckVault - Vehicle Cargo Secure Storage Solutions
You can get a standard height (which is whet Ive got) or magnum height. I bought mine used several years ago. This was the second custom install i've done with it. If you get a new one from truck vault, you can get a kit specific to your truck bed. you can order them completely weather proof or for install under a cap or cover.

I used Turnbuckles and D-rings to anchor it down for off-roading and added bolts from the inside of the box for security from theft.