CR Performance Turbos & Manifolds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lars Over at Gearhead daily drives his big turbo truck with over 500RWH. As in... it’s a family hauler.

that being said.... no I wouldn’t dial up 600 ponies and then go tow a boat. I wouldn’t dial up 600 ponies and go run it up and down the strip day and night either. If you’re a sensible person and don’t abuse your truck. It should handle it without much issue.

Got any data to back that unsubstantiated claim? Otherwise your just talking out your ass.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lars Over at Gearhead daily drives his big turbo truck with over 500RWH. As in... it’s a family hauler.

that being said.... no I wouldn’t dial up 600 ponies and then go tow a boat. I wouldn’t dial up 600 ponies and go run it up and down the strip day and night either. If you’re a sensible person and don’t abuse your truck. It should handle it without much issue.
And thats why Gearhead will be doing my tune on mine when I get the motor in.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t drive that on a tune designed for stock.

it needs to be custom tuned. Personally, I wouldn’t do this without a dyno. You’re rolling some serious and expensive dice.

So I got everything on, stage 4s and manifolds. I have two tuners: one from MPT and one from 5star (tunes for life where I purchased the stuff). The MPT tune literally did not work at all. Every error code went off and I was restricted to keeping it at like 2k RPMs in 3rd gear. Not a fun drive on the freeway... lots of honking.

So I loaded on the old 93 tune from 5 star and it had the same crazy effect.

Then, I realized that 5 star sent me a new baseline 91 tune after I ordered the turbos.

I think that the tune is not at all dialed in yet because of the turbos on 5 star, nor is it a 93 tune, so I suspect there will be some huge performance increases shortly. But at least I can drive right now!

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats where I'm at. I need to talk with Matt at Gearhead. I will need some kind of tune in order to do my motor break in before I can actually get it on the dyno or any kind of throttle data logs.