Corsa exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have Corsa for sale PN14397GNM had it for 1 day it was too loud for my son had to take it down pm if anyone interested {Gunmetal tips paid $1600 for it }

Attachments

• corsa.jpg
    corsa.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry it didn't pan out for you guys.

I have learned a few things about exhausts now.

1. The sound of the ecoboost is difficult to manipulate.

2. When the flow restriction is lifted and the exhaust is opened up the tone gets loud, quickly.

3. The louder tone is very dissonant and to some people is very unpleasant.

4. It is prone to drone when you aren't running a resonator.

I failed miserably with a Gibson exhaust for the above 4 reasons.

The FOMOCO touring exhaust is the best solution I could find. It's not perfect and certain RPM ranges hum a little bit during acceleration, but it sounds cool at idle and WOT and it doesn't drone on the highway.

You guys may want to give it a try.

Have Corsa for sale PN14397GNM had it for 1 day it was too loud for my son had to take it down pm if anyone interested {Gunmetal tips paid $1600 for it }

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2. When the flow restriction is lifted and the exhaust is opened up the tone gets loud, quickly.

The FOMOCO touring exhaust is the best solution I could find. It's not perfect and certain RPM ranges hum a little bit during acceleration, but it sounds cool at idle and WOT and it doesn't drone on the highway.

Are you running any other exhaust mods besides the Ford Performance cat back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Corsa had no drone what so ever my only problem with it was at high RPM it was extremely loud for my disable son that is very sensitive to noise don't know why he didn't have that problem wit Corsa on 09 Z06.
It started between 3700 and up and yes i did have a stock resonator on it and Kooks down pipes '
Now after returning my stock cut back and leaving Kooks sound is perfect,except for Cel codes working on that too.

Last edited:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally understandable.

Your son is first and foremost and if it ain't fun to haul him around in it....It ain't fun.

I stopped short of the downpipes. They change the game quite a bit from what I've heard. You probably would have been fine with just the corsa cat back with the stock cats.

I am sure someone will scoop them up from you.

I'm glad you like the sound with the stock catback in place. So it worked out anyway

Corsa had no drone what so ever my only problem with it was at high RPM it was extremely loud for my disable son that is very sensitive to noise don't know why he didn't have that problem wit Corsa on 09 Z06.
It started between 3700 and up and yes i did have a stock resonator on it and Kooks down pipes '
Now after returning my stock cut back and leaving Kooks sound is perfect,except for Cel codes working on that too.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score

This was the same thing that the 2011-present ecoboost F150 owners discovered... can't change the sound of the ecoboost 6 cylinder.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Very sorry to hear that. I have mine and I love it. Mine is paired with afe downpipes and it's the perfect sound for me. Family first! Good luck getting it sold!

OP
OP
M

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that. I have mine and I love it. Mine is paired with afe downpipes and it's the perfect sound for me. Family first! Good luck getting it sold!

Thanks