Cool things about Gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be order with generator and 37 inch tires. Also four sound level modes – Quiet, Normal, Sport and Baja.

Other than that Nothing else. If you got Gen 2 2019 or 2020 it’s almost same shit.

Save money now and wait for Raptor R

At least for those who own Gen 2 your truck value won’t go down as bad

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some pretty significant things, actually.

37s are a BIG deal. For the first time ever, the truck is designed to handle 37s. This means the myriad of problems upsizing are now gone - you don't need fenders, you don't need to worry about component failure, etc. Ideally, you can swap between 35s on road (better fuel economy and handling) then run 37s offroad.

Exhaust is beefy enough to fool a full thread on here.

Rear link suspension is a noteworthy upgrade on suspension. No more whining about the back end skidding around because people dont understand physics and can't drive for shit. In keeping with historical trends, the suspension upgrade is a step change, but not a massive one.

The normal F150 upgrades are also nothing to write off. The generator, the seat that turns into a bed, the workstation console - overall, if I wasn't so fond of my 2017 I'd definitely consider upgrading.

anthozy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the new grill / hood and headlights. They line up just like the original GEN 1. I also really like the taillights and tailgate.

Jraptor78

Reaction score
Fold flat seats won't be offered. The 37's is a factory package (fenders, bed and shocks all change) so you can't take a Raptor with 35's and add 37's because the truck won't be set up for it. That set the rest is worthy upgrades. Sync 4, Generator, work surface and on std raptors and inch or more of shock travel. The 37" package matches current Raptor shock travel.

I'm glad the 3.5 Eco is sticking around so that perhaps in a few years I'm ready to move on from my 2018 my only choice won't be some monster v-8 priced so high I can't afford it. The TRX might win the engine race but it won't win the sales race and that is what really matters to the company...the bottom line.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be order with generator and 37 inch tires. Also four sound level modes – Quiet, Normal, Sport and Baja.

Other than that Nothing else. If you got Gen 2 2019 or 2020 it’s almost same shit.

Save money now and wait for Raptor R

That is the plan, FACT is that Ford confirmed that the Raptor R is coming next year. Just be patient and pick it up when it debuts.

Until then, Enjoy the Gen 2. :)

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fold flat seats won't be offered. The 37's is a factory package (fenders, bed and shocks all change) so you can't take a Raptor with 35's and add 37's because the truck won't be set up for it. That set the rest is worthy upgrades. Sync 4, Generator, work surface and on std raptors and inch or more of shock travel. The 37" package matches current Raptor shock travel.

I'm glad the 3.5 Eco is sticking around so that perhaps in a few years I'm ready to move on from my 2018 my only choice won't be some monster v-8 priced so high I can't afford it. The TRX might win the engine race but it won't win the sales race and that is what really matters to the company...the bottom line.

my point still stands - those wanting 37s will order the 37 package, and then have the option to downsize to 35s if they want to. I suspect basically no one will, but the fact remains the optional 37s is a big deal.

Yeah, the HO 3.5 is an excellent engine. I'm not surprised it remains the baseline option, as it makes the most sense for this truck any way you slice it.