Collision Avoidance Braking When Passing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
One thing I did start doing is giving a little more clearance to 18 wheelers when passing. It seemed to help not trigger the BS.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why I have mine set to warning only. Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust that system. I know once in a while I'll get a warning that's not even close to being needed. If it ever braked hard like that on a busy multi lane highway, you'll end up getting asspacked by a tractor/trailer.
Is that a voice of experience? Lol

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that a voice of experience? Lol
Yes, kind of. :Big Laugh: When I first got the truck, I was on a country 55 mph 2 lane going past a car that was turning right, off the main road. I slid to the left to pass by them, as no cars were coming, and as I was passing, the brakes went on and the red screen popped up! I have had it set to warning only ever since. No asspacking was done, but definitely made me picture how that could be a disaster in the wrong situation.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Reaction score
This is why I have mine set to warning only. Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust that system. I know once in a while I'll get a warning that's not even close to being needed. If it ever braked hard like that on a busy multi lane highway, you'll end up getting asspacked by a tractor/trailer.
How do you set it to warning only? Is it selectable via the dash screen or is Forscan needed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter