Collapsible Jack Stands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread here! One common denominator to this equation seems to be the Jack Stand. Air Bag, Hi-lift, bottle jack, no matter. To be safe, they all need a couple of jackstands. In light of that, I embarked on a search for a good portable stand, and I found this:

From the YotaTech forum http://www.yotatech.com/f172/slee-offroad-prototype-portable-jack-stand-155695/

...It is a folding jack stand that makes working on your axle or other parts of your truck much more safe in the field than just using your hi-lift and some rocks. The Jack is very sturdy and made of 6/13 plate steel. the legs fold down for ease of transport and the cover doubles as a Hi-Lift base which is much larger and stronger than the one Hi-Lift sales. this jack is a prototype and not in production yet so we have the first one, and when they do go on sale they may be a little different since this is a protoype, its also their first one made.
View attachment 81

View attachment 96

View attachment 97

View attachment 98
View attachment 82

Here is a reponse from the builder:

Cool, glad you are happy with it. We are finalizing the design and should have them for sale by Christmas. Glad you figured out how it came together after the really short demo at the Rubicon. __________________
Christo Slee
www.sleeoffroad.com
The bad thing is that post was in 2008 - nothing on the site about it. I've got an email out to the owner, we will see what he says, I will let you all know.

Falcon

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome idea! That's EXACTLY the answer.

Thanks Falcon. Looking forward to the update.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The design of that collapsible jackstand looks quite good.

I've heard good things about Slee Offroad especially in regard to Toyota products. I called them and got someone on the phone just now - he didn't answer with "Slee Offroad" so I asked him if business is OK there - he said it is. I told him we're interested in his collapsible jackstand and told him I couldn't find it on his web site. He said he was working on it and "kind of got side tracked". Said he had some issues with the top and never got back to working on it. He had no idea when he'd get back to it.

I told him I hoped he protected his design because once it's on the internet you want to be selling the product (and making some money before someone else comes along and does it cheaper and/or better).

So, it's a great idea (good find Falc! thanks!) that hasn't yet been executed except as a prototype. Too bad. Slee's and our loss.

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... if your look hard at it, it wouldn't be hard to duplicate. Hmmmm... any body know someone good with metalwork that wants to make some money?

View attachment 88
attachment.php

Falcon

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Talked to a buddy that is a high-tech welder at the Lake of the Ozarks. He agreed to look at the pics, just sent them so we will see. Only problem is he is a VERY good welder, and busier than a cat covering sh*t on a marble floor.

The saga continues...

Falcon

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The people at Slee are very crafty with their work and have very good products. It's a shame it's indefinitely on hold.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Tat of Off Road Trail Tools (http://www.offroadtrailtools.com/). VERY knowledgeable and friendly guy. A collapsible jack stand is something they're playing with. They knew of the Slee design as well as another design from Japan, but he thinks they might be able to improve on both. They're a new company (2 years old) but have already won 6 awards for innovation in this arena. I'd love to see what they come up with. Keep your eye on 'em...

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Talked to a buddy that is a high-tech welder at the Lake of the Ozarks. He agreed to look at the pics, just sent them so we will see. Only problem is he is a VERY good welder, and busier than a cat covering sh*t on a marble floor.

The saga continues...

Falcon

Just got off the phone with my buddy. He said he could build them, even had all the materials in his shop. Going to meet with him sometime this week and see if we can work something out.

Just out of curiosity, how many here would be interested in this stand if I can negotiate a reasonable price?

Falcon