Cobb Protune options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotgrip

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone have experience with any Cobb protuners?

Brentuning looks great based on their findings and results. E-tune option sounds reasonable as I’ve had experience with etunes on my ZL1.

How about Mountune? Goosetune?

Other options?

It appears there is a good amount of meat left on the bones from the OTS maps to the custom tunes, particularly on 93.

Thanks for any insight for those with experience.

V6pr

Reaction score
Been using the 91 oct tune from Goose for almost a week. Very satisfied with the power delivery of the truck. Customer service is excellent. Fast response to PM. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try out the Mountune one but they refuse to sell it without buying the accessport from them

OP
OP
G

gotgrip

Reaction score
I cannot believe that NO ONE else has experience with a pro tune. Has anyone at all tried Brentuning?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I Protune, I’m gonna go with Innovative Tuning. The owner Mike McGinnis tuned my car.

BTW, he works for Cobb and is driving the Raptor in the “Welcome to the Family” video.

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried about 4 different pro tunes and kept going back to MPT. The accessport is a better device as far as usability and features than the ngauge but Mpt’s tune is superior as far as power and the trans tune just puts it over the top

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I tried about 4 different pro tunes and kept going back to MPT. The accessport is a better device as far as usability and features than the ngauge but Mpt’s tune is superior as far as power and the trans tune just puts it over the top

yeah, until you drive your truck someplace very different. ( i.e. Altitude changes) or when you take your truck to baja.

And then the MPT is really great to relieve stress by chucking your ngauge out the damn window. It sucks at actually making the truck run. bucking, wrench lights, LOTS of MAF codes, LOTS of P0430 codes and a VERY grumpy truck.

The cobb on the other hand just kept on working. no issues.

The only benefits to the ngauge platform? to clear codes, you are not forced to reset the Keep alive memory like with the AP and you can change the tire size.

word to all those who are switching from ngauge to Cobb...

Change your tire size back to 34.4" BEFORE you marry the cobb tuner and load a tune.

If you do not, you WILL get a PCM/BCM VIN mismatch message on your dash that will not clear. ( unless you reset the Tire size to 34.4")

LIRaptor

Reaction score
Looks like MPT is supporting the accessport now. Look on their website, they will sell you accessport tune files that look like they are tcm capable as well. This ****** me off because i bought an ngauge like 2 weeks ago. I would have preferred the accessport but wanted MPT and their trans tuning so stuck with the ngauge.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strange,I have 20,000 miles on MPT. I also have been under extreme environmental and altitude changes.

I have NEVER had a wrench code or less than an awesome experience.

yeah, until you drive your truck someplace very different. ( i.e. Altitude changes) or when you take your truck to baja.

And then the MPT is really great to relieve stress by chucking your ngauge out the damn window. It sucks at actually making the truck run. bucking, wrench lights, LOTS of MAF codes, LOTS of P0430 codes and a VERY grumpy truck.

The cobb on the other hand just kept on working. no issues.

The only benefits to the ngauge platform? to clear codes, you are not forced to reset the Keep alive memory like with the AP and you can change the tire size.

word to all those who are switching from ngauge to Cobb...

Change your tire size back to 34.4" BEFORE you marry the cobb tuner and load a tune.

If you do not, you WILL get a PCM/BCM VIN mismatch message on your dash that will not clear. ( unless you reset the Tire size to 34.4")

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc