Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership that I went to said that the rear shocks are not on back-order and that they will ship them as soon as they get off their asses. That was almost two weeks ago. I guess they haven't gotten off their asses. I also still think the fronts are acting up and that they didn't even test them. I'm on the fence of just ordering the Fox FRS 3.0s and saying the hell with the dealerships! I just don't have a good feeling letting them work on my truck.
If you can justify the price, you're at least getting an upgrade. I refused to buy new shocks because Ford won't warranty my warrantied vehicle. I just can't believe so many people are having problems getting this warrantied in a fair and timely manner. This should be a bigger deal than just the shocks themselves; how difficult Ford Service Centers are.

Raptured22

Reaction score
If you can justify the price, you're at least getting an upgrade. I refused to buy new shocks because Ford won't warranty my warrantied vehicle. I just can't believe so many people are having problems getting this warrantied in a fair and timely manner. This should be a bigger deal than just the shocks themselves; how difficult Ford Service Centers are.
I agree. I guess my patience has run thin dealing with incompetent dealerships. I don't want to spend the money but at the same time, I get the feeling that if I want want it fixed and fixed right, I'll have to do it myself. I have no faith in Ford dealerships.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I guess my patience has run thin dealing with incompetent dealerships. I don't want to spend the money but at the same time, I get the feeling that if I want want it fixed and fixed right, I'll have to do it myself. I have no faith in Ford dealerships.
I can only suggest calling the Ford Exective Care and having them get involved in your service visits. Between them and the Service Manager I finally got what I have proven beyond a doubt. I wouldn't go through it again but im glad its done for me... (hopefully there's still time for some Ford trickery)

braptr

Reaction score
Earlier this year in April I brought my 2022 35 truck in that fell within the SSM date range to diagnose the clunking. Long story short no repairs were made and the shop foreman said the noise is “normal”. Through the summer the clunking was quieter but still there. Now that it’s cooler the clunking is EXTREMELY back. Not confident that the dealership I used the first time will do any better the second time but I really want this fixed. This was the slip I received when I picked up the truck from service in April. IMG_7476.jpegIMG_7477.jpeg

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats some shit. Stock shocks are not external bypasses and shouldnt be clunking. You would think as long as Ford has been making these and Fox that the quality should be much better.

braptr

Reaction score
I stopped by the dealership on the way home to see if in the last 7 months they had anybody else come in with the same issue. They informed me there were 3 other raptor owners that came in with the same issue…. And they were turned away and deemed “normal” as well.

Do we know a list of the dealerships that are willing to cooperate with us and get these problems solved?

braptr

Reaction score
To add to that I asked them why, if it’s normal to be clunking, are 3 quiet and 1 is clunking loud. No response

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like the level of disinterest by nearly all dealerships (this threads’ feedback as a perfect example) some from somewhere above on corporate. Like they’re advised to scrutinize every warranty service as much as possible to save money because they lost their ass on the ford lightening.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to that I asked them why, if it’s normal to be clunking, are 3 quiet and 1 is clunking loud. No response
Point them to SSM 50972 and ask them when that becomes applicable? Then ask them if they have any 23s with the same clunk. Then talk to the service manager. Then get corporate involved.