'Clunk' 101

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the shock 'clunk'.

I have a 2021 37pp I picked up in September of 21'. So I def fall into the range of this issue.

Problem I have is - I need to know a situation where I could possibly hear if something is wrong (because it sounds like I should have issues based on the quantity of people getting them replaced).

If someone could let me know how I could recreate this and exactly what to look for - that would be great.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Can someone explain the shock 'clunk'.

I have a 2021 37pp I picked up in September of 21'. So I def fall into the range of this issue.

Problem I have is - I need to know a situation where I could possibly hear if something is wrong (because it sounds like I should have issues based on the quantity of people getting them replaced).

If someone could let me know how I could recreate this and exactly what to look for - that would be great.
No reason to think that you "should" have it. I don't. And, I am sure many more do not have it either. In my Gen2, I would notice the rattle at speeds of 35-40 miles per hour. Bottom line, if you have it, you know. If you have to try and recreate it, you are probably good.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youd know if you had it--a fluttering/light knocking noise and feeling in the pedal box/floorboard over small bumps