clicking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i shift from drive to reverse i sometimes here a slight clicking noise..it make 2-3 clicking noises durring the swift then it stops. any ideas? normal? I have a 2014 SCREW

Its been happening for a while now...i think since i picked it up from the dealer....Im at mid-perch but it was making the noise before hand as well

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty normal then...nothing to worry about?

Seems like it only happens when I put it in reverse while I'm still slightly rolling forward still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear input on this. Mine (2013 SCREW) just recently started doing this. More noticeable after you have drove it for a while.

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '13 does the same thing. Its a little worrisome, so I'm interested to see what everyone has to say about it.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it "nothing to worry about" a few of us have been told it's normal.

When I swapped out my leafs I took a look at the transfer case. I had a good 15-20 degrees of slop in the gearing. To me thats a bit much. Ford says it's normal.

Mine creeks at any load to the drive train.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about my 2010 king ranch did this too

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a ford master mechanic under my truck on his back while I held brakes and changed from drive to to reverse. He had his hands and ears all over it. He said it's coming from the rear yoke area going into rear axle. I'm awaiting his research. He said he was going to contact ford and find a solution. Hoping he comes through with an answer. Spent an hour going over my truck with him. He's the head mechanic at one of long islands largest ford commercial truck division. And since he has a raptor I felt as though he was really interested in finding a reason and fix for the noise. I'll update you guys if and when I get some more info.

My personal take on this shit is drive it like you stole it and hope the weak point shines through so it can be addressed and fixed. The creaking noise cry seems to get us no where with ford.....as most don't want to waste time on something that's not yet a problem.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Hopefully your guy finds the issue so we can all explain it to our dealers