Ceramic Pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terp

Reaction score
Just maintain it with a spray wax like Hybrid Ceramic wax and save yourself a lot of money. The touchless is fine, as long as it is big enough for you. The jets will be close regardless.

The spray arms are about 6-8" from the mirror so it's big enough. Just trying to decide the best way to keep up on the paint since my previous cars have all been garaged. Thanks.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Thoughts on a touchless automatic wash with a ceramic coating? Truck is unfortunately outside as our current garage is too short for it by about 6". Don't always have the time to hand wash and there is a nice touchless system nearby with a $30/month membership. Currently trying to decide between getting it coated or just trying to maintain with wax.

The detergents that touchless washes use to get vehicles clean can be really harsh, and would seriously diminish the lifespan of a ceramic coating, in addition to any other wax/sealant that you put on. Those same detergents aren't going to be easy on any of your black trim that's prone to fading either.

I'd recommend a ceramic coating and then just kinda suck it up and wash it yourself by hand. You'd be surprised how well the ceramics will help it stay cleaner, and it'll also be easier to clean and dry.

HawkeyeRaptor1

Reaction score
Thoughts on a touchless automatic wash with a ceramic coating? Truck is unfortunately outside as our current garage is too short for it by about 6". Don't always have the time to hand wash and there is a nice touchless system nearby with a $30/month membership. Currently trying to decide between getting it coated or just trying to maintain with wax.

There is no substitution for touching the paint in order to clean it. A touchless wash is fine as a quick maintenance wash, but you may find the need every couple of washes to wash the truck by hand to get it clean. You will also need to wash by hand before applying your ceramic maintenance product. Do not use a spray wax to clean your paint!

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This highlights a fundamental flaw with a coating - the whole concept of a coating is to make a super durable finish that can stand up to the elements, bead water, and make the car look cleaner for longer. A "second clearcoat" that you don't have to worry about. Yet, there's so much labor/cost investment, that you find yourself tiptoeing around with how you wash to "save the coating." Shouldn't it be the opposite? You might as well put on a high performance spray sealant on for $100 at most, do it every month, and not worry about going to your local touchless wash every once and a while, if that fits in your maintenance routine.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This highlights a fundamental flaw with a coating - the whole concept of a coating is to make a super durable finish that can stand up to the elements, bead water, and make the car look cleaner for longer. Yet, there's so much labor/cost investment, that you find yourself tiptoeing around with how you wash to "save the coating." Shouldn't it be the opposite? You might as well put on a high performance spray sealant on for $100 at most, do it every month, and not worry about going to your local touchless wash every once and a while, if that fits in your lifestyle.

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% worth it. I've got it on all my cars. The biggest advantage is maintenance. My cars look new. I also have a 20 year old car that looks new. Dirt, bird shit, and bugs just come off so much easier. Make sure you get paint correction done first and done right. This removes any swirls and scratches (even new cars) and then coat on top.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found ceramic coatings to definitely be worth the cost. I had gtechniq CSU applied to my Z06 and my Raptor is currently in the shop for the same thing. Gtechniq gives you a 9 year warranty, and as others have said, the paint correction prior to application makes a huge difference. Even brand new vehicles will have paint issues. Ceramic pro is ok, but is easily etched by bird shit and whatnot. If you do it, choose your brand and detailer carefully. Also, any more than $1k and you're being overcharged.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out some YouTube videos on turtle wax ice seal n shine for under 10 bucks. Beat mequiars ceramic, $40 chemical guys hydrocharge ceramic and mothers cmx in durability, beading and longevity. If this stuff is legit, why bother with ceramic. And its polymer based, easy to use, just spray on wipe off.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check out some YouTube videos on turtle wax ice seal n shine for under 10 bucks. Beat mequiars ceramic, $40 chemical guys hydrocharge ceramic and mothers cmx in durability, beading and longevity. If this stuff is legit, why bother with ceramic. And its polymer based, easy to use, just spray on wipe off.

While I agree with your overall premise, the only 'tests' I saw where Turtle Wax won out were not well setup. Car craft does the best testing on youtube (with WaxMode close behind) and his test showed HCW winning most categories, including durability.

Cody Soele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was done before I purchased it. “Used” I will do all my future vehicles. Wash upkeep is half the effort of a truck without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc