Caring for Paint Treated with Opti-Coat Pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely necessary. Even brand-spanking-new vehicles need to be clayed/decontaminated before any polishing/sealing/waxing takes place.

I just finished clay bar,polish,and sealing a new raptor. It was covered in rail dust . The hood turned the clay red. Try this wash the hood and put a baggie on your hand and drag you fingers across the surface of the hood. Bet it feels gritty. Plus you need to remove the gunk the dealer smeared over the contaminates. Nick learned me real good.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use the four bucket method. two on each side saves walking from side to side and the water stays cleaner.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just finished clay bar,polish,and sealing a new raptor. It was covered in rail dust . The hood turned the clay red. Try this wash the hood and put a baggie on your hand and drag you fingers across the surface of the hood. Bet it feels gritty. Plus you need to remove the gunk the dealer smeared over the contaminates. Nick learned me real good.

Pretty shocking, huh?!?

It's hard to believe that a BRAND NEW vehicle can have that much contamination on it, but they definitely do as you noticed.

Glad I could steer you in the right direction. :head3:

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to use my Essentials Kit I purchased from Adam's...it's been raining nearly every Friday I've had off since I bought the truck which was 2 months ago. I've only been able to wash it once and clean/condition the interior with Adam's products.

Once I finally get the weather to cooperate this will be my process:

Strip wash with Adam's Shampoo and Adam's All-Purpose Cleaner
Iron-X
Adam's Clay Bar
Adam's Revive Hand Polish
Adam's Quick Sealant
Adam's Brilliant Glaze
Adam's Buttery Wax
Adam's Glass Cleaner on windows
Adam's SVRT on tires

I'm guessing this will take 6-8 hours to complete.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to use my Essentials Kit I purchased from Adam's...it's been raining nearly every Friday I've had off since I bought the truck which was 2 months ago. I've only been able to wash it once and clean/condition the interior with Adam's products.

Once I finally get the weather to cooperate this will be my process:

Strip wash with Adam's Shampoo and Adam's All-Purpose Cleaner
Iron-X
Adam's Clay Bar
Adam's Revive Hand Polish
Adam's Quick Sealant
Adam's Brilliant Glaze
Adam's Buttery Wax
Adam's Glass Cleaner on windows
Adam's SVRT on tires

I'm guessing this will take 6-8 hours to complete.

That's probably a pretty good guess as far as the time fame, but don't get caught up on how long it takes. Take your time and do a thorough job.

Nothing worse than spending in additional hour once you're "done" going back over spots you missed during the previous processes.

Hopefully the weather holds out for you this weekend, can't wait to see what you think and to see how the truck looks!

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's probably a pretty good guess as far as the time fame, but don't get caught up on how long it takes. Take your time and do a thorough job.

Nothing worse than spending in additional hour once you're "done" going back over spots you missed during the previous processes.

Hopefully the weather holds out for you this weekend, can't wait to see what you think and to see how the truck looks!

I'm not too concerned about the time. Just spitballing. And as usual, the weather once again is not cooperating. But, I'm headed out of town this weekend so it will just have to wait again ha.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the roof and the a and b pillars done first while you are fresh . long arms help and the center of the hood near the windshield is hard to reach.