carfax report?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgt1031

Reaction score
I ran over a deer and blew a tire and bent the right side of my bumper...I had it fixed and it looks like new....It was covered under my comprehensive......Does anyone have access to carfax? I am curious if it was posted.

Could someone email me the carfax on my truck? If not, I will buy one, but I was hoping someone has a subscription. :)

Thanks

Last edited:

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The report will look something like this...It may not be on there immediately, but it will show up eventually.

Carfax-Report-Accident-Severity-Graphic.jpg

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tapped a guys rear bumper in my Audi....no damage to his or my car.....we both had state farm......he was an old guy, and called it in just in case.......even though no payout was made....my clean car fax said "front end collision" when i traded the car in.

I was so pissed....car fax said it would take 6 weeks to dispute it. I was not going to wait 6 weeks for another car deal. Cost me at least $1,500 in trade in value.

Car Fax is BIG BROTHER evil if you ask me.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it shows damage. DM me your email address.

I ran over a deer and blew a tire and bent the right side of my bumper...I had it fixed and it looks like new....It was covered under my comprehensive......Does anyone have access to carfax? I am curious if it was posted.

My vin is 1FTFW1RG1KFA53207

Could someone email me the carfax on my truck? If not, I will buy one, but I was hoping someone has a subscription. :)

Thanks

Devilsfan72

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a deer commit suicide by running into my drivers door. Called USAA and it was on my car fax before I even had the car fixed

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my wife’s car... stated the airbag deployed in her car, she was hit almost head on by a woman who claims she didn’t see her. Carfax wouldn’t remove the information even after I sent pictures and police report.

Carfax is the mother of all evil. It’s all crap with them.

Greg Machala

Reaction score
And then there are the scams pulled by dealers that repaint and repair trade-ins with
clean CarFax reports. Then, the selling dealers body work doesn't show up on the CarFax
until after YOU buy it.

The Real Coolbreeze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of my go to body shops or my insurance, ( American National) reports anything to Carfax because of the "high rate of data errors ".
How did I find this out you might ask.... well, it seems that Carfax had listed damage on my previous truck which was then a giant pita to trade in!!! I actually had to go through OR and VA state DoJ's to force them to fix it....

Vwikdos

Reaction score
I traded in a 2014 F-150 for my Raptor and the salesman told me the Car Fax showed 2 accidents. It was true, but both of them were me backing into my boat trailer and messing up the tailgate. I was afraid something like that might show up so I took copies of the repair work done to show it wasn't anything major. They gave me a good trade in though I probably just overpaid for the Raptor.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tapped a guys rear bumper in my Audi....no damage to his or my car.....we both had state farm......he was an old guy, and called it in just in case.......even though no payout was made....my clean car fax said "front end collision" when i traded the car in.

I was so pissed....car fax said it would take 6 weeks to dispute it. I was not going to wait 6 weeks for another car deal. Cost me at least $1,500 in trade in value.

Car Fax is BIG BROTHER evil if you ask me.

You got F’d by the dealer, not CarFax. Any time a dealer try to deduct money for trade due to something on a CarFax, I threaten to take my business elsewhere and they suddenly disregard. The fact is, these dealers buy cars from auctions all the time and they don’t give a damn about minor accidents on a CarFax. When they take a trade, they’re basically buying it from you from the price they would expect to buy at an auction.