Carbonized Grey 35 '24 is here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of 3 hours ago, finally picked up my '24 from a dealer in small town KS. Original order was a '35 Avalanche truck - that truck is still in Dearborn - 1/17 blend. Found this build on the way and picked it up! Carbonized Grey, Panoroof, bed liner, Folding tonneau. Dealer gave me a great number on my 6 month old 4Runner.

Cliff notes:

1. CG was not my first color choice but I love it. Metallic flake looks great!
2. Audio - I cant notice the speakers missing. Still great sound if you're not an audiophile, still terrible if you are.
3. Wheels - I was in the camp of the 35pkg wheels being fugly. In person, they are better than I expected. Methods, RTR's or takeoffs might still be in the works but I will give them a shot.
4. Refreshed lights/fascia - I personally think the truck looks great. Then again, I also don't think it looks that much different than the pre-refresh '23.
5. Heads up Display - Digging the Baja mode view the most.
6. Overall - Loved my '21, loved my '23, so far so good with the '24.

For those still waiting - good luck! It's worth it.

A couple pics + outgoing 4Runner

1713569847054.png
1713569878115.png
1713569892650.png

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As of 3 hours ago, finally picked up my '24 from a dealer in small town KS. Original order was a '35 Avalanche truck - that truck is still in Dearborn - 1/17 blend. Found this build on the way and picked it up! Carbonized Grey, Panoroof, bed liner, Folding tonneau. Dealer gave me a great number on my 6 month old 4Runner.

Cliff notes:

1. CG was not my first color choice but I love it. Metallic flake looks great!
2. Audio - I cant notice the speakers missing. Still great sound if you're not an audiophile, still terrible if you are.
3. Wheels - I was in the camp of the 35pkg wheels being fugly. In person, they are better than I expected. Methods, RTR's or takeoffs might still be in the works but I will give them a shot.
4. Refreshed lights/fascia - I personally think the truck looks great. Then again, I also don't think it looks that much different than the pre-refresh '23.
5. Heads up Display - Digging the Baja mode view the most.
6. Overall - Loved my '21, loved my '23, so far so good with the '24.

For those still waiting - good luck! It's worth it.

A couple pics + outgoing 4Runner

View attachment 451740
View attachment 451741
View attachment 451742
Nice ride and CG is a nice color. Regarding your cliff notes, all good points and feel upgrading #2 will make your commutes even better.

You said “It’s worth it”…that seems to be a running theme around here.

OP
OP
GaoKS

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride and CG is a nice color. Regarding your cliff notes, all good points and feel upgrading #2 will make your commutes even better.

You said “It’s worth it”…that seems to be a running theme around here.
Heard! I am doing my best to leave the truck alone.. but just in case.. are there consensus recommended audio upgrades?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heard! I am doing my best to leave the truck alone.. but just in case.. are there consensus recommended audio upgrades?
Lol, it’s hard to leave these trucks alone. As for audio upgrades, that’ll all depend on your budget and the sound you’re looking for. You can peruse this thread for some ideas and if you do decide to take that dive, do it the right way.

Powerlies

Reaction score
have you noticed that after you choose what shortcut you want in the FAV( lower bar center display). The title does not use an ellipsis, it just fades the title. Can you confirm that is what your 2024 is doing also.
FAV PIC.png

OP
OP
GaoKS

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you noticed that after you choose what shortcut you want in the FAV( lower bar center display). The title does not use an ellipsis, it just fades the title. Can you confirm that is what your 2024 is doing also.
FAV PIC.png
Huh? Sorry, not following