Cant decide on color - so what has the best resale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Concur go with Line-X Preium it worth the price. I had others, and none of them compared to line-X and they all seem to fade within 3 months. It has been 2 years now & is kept outside and hasn't faded one little bit.

Ciscokid

Reaction score
Color ?

Ordered my 2014 a couple days ago but I'm spending way too much time trying to decide what color.

Black
Silver
Terrain

******* ALL look great to me. Especially all blacked out, which is what mine will be soon after I get it, with hood graphics with splatter graphics on the bed.

So moving beyond that - which color will have the best resale and hold their value best?

Terrain because it is Raptor specific? Black because its black? or Silver because it will show the least amount of paint wear?

I ordered Black...had the same issues..Was thinking Terrain..then color match the flares, wheels,and bumpers..Had a 2011 Wrangler color matched Desert Tan..was a great looking rig, buy lacked "Cajones"..Good Luck..Ciscokid

Attachments

• Desert Jeep 2.jpg
    Desert Jeep 2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 26

JBH

Reaction score
I think some colors would hurt resale more than others would help. I think a color that appeals to more people would be more desirable for a dealer to put more money in to a trade or attract more potential buyers.
According to PPG currently it would be:
1.White
2.(tie) Silver and Black

Silver had been #1 for some time and just got replaced by White.

Had Ruby Red not been offered I was going with White or Silver.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
This color is best for resale or keeping long term!

Molten Orange tri-coat is best! Oh yeah I forgot you can't get it anymore Ha Ha!!!! Best looking color on the Raptor by far.

9599svt

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in spray-in liners, I would highly recommend finding a local Line-X dealer and have them apply what I believe to be one of the finest and most durable spray-in liners available. Like has been stated already, they even remove the bed bolts and securing hardware before application. Ford doesn't even do that. The finish on mine is impeccable and the lifetime warranty against any damage cannot be beat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the Line X on my current FX4 and really like it. It is ten years old and has not faded or chipped, still looks like it is new. My only complaint is that they did remove the bed bolts when they sprayed it, and tightened down over the top of the liner. These liners even ten years later seem to stay slightly pliable which is probably why they don't chip when you throw things in it. I know its not a big deal because it only takes a couple minutes to fix but usually twice a year the bed bolts keep working there way down into the liner ( mushrooms out around the bolts ) to a point that they must get loose enough that I get a popping sound when I go over an uneven bump. Once after a hot spell in summer and once in winter I just retighten them and it goes away. I did order the factory liner because of this fact but if not I would highly recommend the Line X.

OP
OP
prowakeskater

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still torn between black and terrain

switched my order back to a scab and I'm still torn on scab or screw

**** MY LIFE. Why the hell does this truck have to be so obsessive inducing. Im gonna kick myself for making a wrong move.