GEN 2 Camphazers now Blown Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvegas631

Reaction score
Hey Everyone So since june i have had my truck in and out of service for Cam phazers. Yesterday i called the dealership bc its been two weeks since i dropped the truck off, and the service rep tells me that after they installed the cam phazers while testing the truck the motor locked up and now it needs a whole new motor. Im beyond frustrated i havent had my beautiful truck all summer , they are telling me its gonna be at least a month to get the new motor. i have 2018 with 27kmiles its all under warranty. im leary about having a new motor put in i really want to ask for a new truck and money back for the months i have been paying for it and not actually driving it. any one have experience with anything like this and advice
thanks nick

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it was probably never the cam phasers in the first place, and I suspect a large portion of the 2nd replaced cam phasers are actually not enough oil pressure getting to them.

You should be in touch with Ford c/s. at a minimum, they should comp you and extended warranty.

OP
OP
N

nvegas631

Reaction score
i spoke with ford friday they are supposed to call back monday i know they are planning on replacing the motor. everyone tells me to try to get a new truck bc of the depreciation of having a motor replaced on carfax. im at a loss bc i have never dealt with anything like this before

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s been in the shop for a total of 30 days due to the same problem it falls within the lemon law. Contact a lemon law attorney immediately and get some advice.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The OP joined FRF on August 28, 2012 and only has 2 posts on this thread concerning a Gen 2???

Something smells fishy....

Last edited:

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any luck with your truck? Mine just did the same except the motor locked up a couple months after getting the car phasers replaced for the second time