Buying a New Vs. Used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well some like sloppy seconds you just have to put enough mods on it first make it look good.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I bought a brand new fx4 in 2010 and my payment was 450 on that truck, I really wanted a raptor then and after I bought my fx4 I told everyone I should have just signed up for the 500 a month payment and bought the raptor! Now 2.5 years later I just traded my fx4 in on a used 2010 raptor, and my payment is now at 500. I got my truck that is loaded with navi, cam, etc, everything but the roof, with 34K for 37500. i was doing a nation wide search everyday and drove 6 hours to get this truck. i think i got a decent deal, i see comparable trucks to mine for $42. It is just crazy because this truck is worth $15k more then my fx4, both 2010 black scabs. The difference is that if I would have bought a new one then for 500 a month it would have been a base model. The one I have now is loaded, if I could do it over I still think I would take the loaded truck with 34k mi over a new base truck with no options. IMO. Do miss knowing the complete history of my truck, but I checked this one out with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find a single flaw or sign of abuse, so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed I picked the right one.

Another crazy thing is in early Jan I started to do a nationwide search for used raptors and there was usually an average of 420 used trucks in the us. Since then that number has been dropping, I checked yesterday out of curiosity and there were only 92 used raptors nation wide. I'm so glad I got one.

And yet another thing I thought was crazy. I have followed the diesel market over the last couple years too and was always amazed at how they held their value. After my dad drove my raptor he kind of wants one so started doing a little research. My dad has a 2011 f250 lariat diesel with only 14k mi on it and when he checked KBB my 2010 rap with 34k mi on it was worth more on trade then his 2011 diesel with half the miles. We were both shocked!! It's just crazy how these raptors are holding there value.

Last edited:

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

I am in the market to buy my first Raptor. I am noticing the resale value on Raptor's are pretty good...almost to the point where I think it might be stupid to buy a used one...assuming I can get a sticker price on a new one...I refuse to pay over sticker for anything.

Are there any issues with the 2010's and 2011's I need to be aware of? I have done minimal research...and it appears the largest difference are the HID's on the 2012's. I try to stay away from 1st year runs of new vehicles, so I am a little hesitant to get into a 2010.

Any input is much appreciated as I know you guys all have the answers!

Bronco, you are in my neck of the woods. Try north cascade in Sedro Woolley.
That's where I bought mine, under msrp. Seattle dealers are just not willing to play ball.

Last edited:

hamatym

Reaction score
My vote (and what I did) is to go new. The used prices are so close, but used financing rates are higher. Besides it helps to get a 13' with MFT, Frame upgrade, and HID's....Downside is waiting!

Build is scheduled for the second week in April, I am feeling the waiting pain as everyone mentioned!