Buying a New Vs. Used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alkiraptor

Reaction score
new all the way!

Was looking for a used '11 in my market, but they were all going for $47k - $50k with 30k-38k miles.
It was my wife who said, "dude....just buy a new one."
That night I put out three inquiries to dealers with the exact one I was looking for: SVT 145" , power moonroof, front camera, and no lift bar....or whatever that things called....tuxedo black, black / grey interior. two of the three got back to me in the morning saying, "one just came in the other day, and we can unload to you for MSRP......$53k. Truck had 11 miles on it!
Done Deal!
A truly proud owner of the most filthy truck around.

plus, think of the interest rate difference between new and used?
New was 2.99% for 60 months.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How patient are you? At least 90% of used Raptors are street queens in good condition driven by pantywaists. If you are buying used, make sure it is a one owner wisp of a metrosexual man with shriveled non-functional balls. You will have a lightly broken in Raptor that will love you for riding it hard and tucking her in wet, filthy, and satisfied

Last edited:

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I test drove a used 2010 with 8000 miles and liked it but the dealer wouldn't budge at $47,000. Ordered a 2013 on 11/28 and picking her up today! 3 months of waiting and $3,000 more for a ****** Raptor? Defininatley!!!

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Used for me! I got a fully loaded scab with 19k miles for $41000 killer deal since previous owner was loaded and this was just his weekend oy hauler but not everyone finds deals like that either happy hunting!

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also in the market for a used one... until I noticed that used with over 20K on the clock was only a couple of grand cheaper than buying new I just went new. I'm not a big person on buying used off-road vehicles you never know what the previous owner did right before trade in.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look at a couple of used my self they don't want to move off the price so I went for new. I got lucky and got one off the lot. at MSRP, but I got great trade in value. plus the exact truck was costing me more around my area and that would of been ordered and waited on. My truck is just like Lanfills from what I can tell in the pic's Tux black and accent interior with nav.