Buyer in California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve spent the last 2 weeks aggressively looking for a Gen 3 at MSRP with a ‘20 Raptor as a trade-in in Northern California . So far no luck getting close to a deal. The best offer I got was $69k trade-in and $12.5k over sticker.

On a whim, I went to a Ram dealer and got $63k trade-in and $12k over for the TRX.

Is anyone aware of dealers offering better deals at this point. I know the used car market is getting soft and auction inventory is growing, so I was hoping to snag a decent deal but we’re not there yet.

A lot of the YouTube videos I’m watching make it seem like there’s going to be a auto market collapse coming within the next 6 months.
It has been discussed for a long time. You don’t buy in Ca at msrp. Where you paying over for 37 package ?

mfpf4r

Reaction score
Careful, you may be labeled a whiny peasant who can’t afford to live it California :)

I mean seriously, do any of you California residents really want some sales manager in Ohio using profit from your purchase to go to Hawaii, or would you rather your local sales manager get the around the world cruise on your dime?

My ’17 sales lady was kind of boring, she took 2 months of commissions and put a downpayment on a house.
By trip around the world you mean put their kids through college? haha yeah my local dealer(s) are at 50k adm. Aint no way im touching that.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve spent the last 2 weeks aggressively looking for a Gen 3 at MSRP with a ‘20 Raptor as a trade-in in Northern California . So far no luck getting close to a deal. The best offer I got was $69k trade-in and $12.5k over sticker.

On a whim, I went to a Ram dealer and got $63k trade-in and $12k over for the TRX.

Is anyone aware of dealers offering better deals at this point. I know the used car market is getting soft and auction inventory is growing, so I was hoping to snag a decent deal but we’re not there yet.

A lot of the YouTube videos I’m watching make it seem like there’s going to be a auto market collapse coming within the next 6 months.
i have a gen 3 ordered from TX for msrp, and a TRX from Iowa ordered at 9k under MSRP.

bobbyph1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just purchased 2022 raptor from Diamond ford in Lancaster ca for msrp. There is also a Ram dealership in Lancaster ca that sells trx for msrp. If you want a point of contact let me know.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I just purchased 2022 raptor from Diamond ford in Lancaster ca for msrp. There is also a Ram dealership in Lancaster ca that sells trx for msrp. If you want a point of contact let me know.
Welcome to FRF!

200.gif
First post announcing a Raptor purchase and no pics?
This makes us think “definitely a prius”

:)

congrats on MSRP ( for any vehicle [well, except a prius ])