Buyer in California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Because, when Californians step outside their marketplace of artificially inflated prices due to the California government edicts as well as the oddities of the California marketplace, it puts artificial, outside pressure on other Raptor marketplaces - like the Midwest previously mentioned in this thread.

Midwest Raptor shoppers don’t need, or appreciate poachers coming in to screw up their Raptor shopping. Plus, you’d be shorting your fellow Californians trying to scrape by and make a living as a Ford dealer.
#ShopLocalBuyLocal

Californians in particular are proud of their ‘largest subnational economy in the world’ title and undercutting it puts that title in jeopardy.

Be a loyal Californian ! :)

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because, when Californians step outside their marketplace of artificially inflated prices due to the California government edicts as well as the oddities of the California marketplace, it puts artificial, outside pressure on other Raptor marketplaces - like the Midwest previously mentioned in this thread.

Midwest Raptor shoppers don’t need, or appreciate poachers coming in to screw up their Raptor shopping. Plus, you’d be shorting your fellow Californians trying to scrape by and make a living as a Ford dealer.
#ShopLocalBuyLocal

Californians in particular are proud of their ‘largest subnational economy in the world’ title and undercutting it puts that title in jeopardy.

I’m from california, but not a loyal Californian by any means. I live in a fairly conservative area. I drive big diesel trucks, carry guns, and have trump and patriotic gear. And I’ll be a loyal “American” by shopping anywhere i want. Well because that’s freedom and capitalism.

And california dealers are preventing Californians from buying vehicles with their stupid high adm’s.

I’m not paying over msrp if i can afford it or not.

redhat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a couple months for msrp, close as I’ve come is 15k over.

Jpurcell

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a Raptor or to even place a order for a 23. I haven’t had any luck in the Midwest. Contacted over 20 dealers today. Either they wanted 20k over MSRP or couldn’t order a 23 because of allocations and already had 50 plus people on the waiting list. Now if I wanted a TRX, I can order one for 9k under MSRP from Granger in Iowa.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m from california, but not a loyal Californian by any means. I live in a fairly conservative area. I drive big diesel trucks, carry guns, and have trump and patriotic gear. And I’ll be a loyal “American” by shopping anywhere i want. Well because that’s freedom and capitalism.
Hey, no judgment here.
But think about your neighbors, your neighborhood, all of their livelihoods. When you buy local, you support your community.
And california dealers are preventing Californians from buying vehicles with their stupid high adm’s.
California dealers are barely scraping by! How can you expect them to afford to fill up with $6.00 / gallon gas if you’re buying from outside the community?

I’m not paying over msrp if i can afford it or not.
I agree but lots of others here want to shop outside California and only end up making it harder for the community to afford things.

If you don’t pay the ADM, your sales manager will only be vacationing in Hawaii instead of Tahiti. Where’s your humanity?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Or, better yet, DON’T.
Stick to shopping in the state you live in. Especially if you’re in Ca.

Agree, but keep that search in California. California Raptors for California shoppers ! Be loyal to the California micro-economy and all.
I bought my ‘21 in California. So, there’s that. Didn’t your mom ever teach you to share? Lol

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score

#ShopLocalBuyLocal

this 100%

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

#ShopLocalBuyLocal

It sucks but after getting everything lined up and buying out of state ends up not saving that much at all unless you can buy at MSRP which is getting more rare these days. CA will also charge use tax on the price of the vehicle minus what the State already taxed so no savings there unless you keep the Raptor out of state for a year lol.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sucks but after getting everything lined up and buying out of state ends up not saving that much at all unless you can buy at MSRP which is getting more rare these days. CA will also charge use tax on the price of the vehicle minus what the State already taxed so no savings there unless you keep the Raptor out of state for a year lol.
I’ll hang on to it for ya! Just doing my part.