Buy versus Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of guys (me included) who purchased their Raptor from a dealer who isn't local.

Are those of you who did this taking the Raptor back to the original dealer for warranty work, or will your local Ford dealer do the warranty work?
Hopefully I'll never need anything fixed under warranty, but I'd prefer not to make a long drive every time I need to do it.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Raptor in Morgan City, LA.
I take it to Tomball Ford for warranty and all my work.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my raptor semi local, 40mi away, even though I have a dealer (3rd oldest ford dealer in the nation) practically in my backyard. I will go back to the dealer I purchased it from for warranty work if needed solely based on the horrendous reputation of the local dealer.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're asking if you can take it to any Ford dealer then yes. The manufacturers warranty will carry to any dealer. The only things that won't are if that dealer offered lifetime oil changes, tire rotations, etc, etc.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any dealer will do the work because its warranty work and they still get paid by Ford to do it.

I would recommend either keeping perfect records of maintenance or just getting maintenance done at one dealership if you do get your service done from a dealer. Unfortunately dealers don't have a way to share info about oil changes and basic maintenance - only warranty work. My family always does all service at the dealer until the warranty is out that way if something fails right outside of warranty they can't say you didn't do the recommended service. Had it happen to us (transmission failed 14k outside of warranty) and they tried to claim we didn't do the right service for the car. When we called ******** and they looked it all up they ended up giving us a new transmission for the vehicle.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a dozen Ford dealers in my area. I got a great deal on my Raptor and for warranty work I would defiantly take it back there.

Recently, they replaced my rear window. The dealership took it to a local glass shop for the installion (factory Ford OEM window). I am sure the dealership made money for the work.

For routine maintance, I have many choices and a couple Ford dealerships which I would not go to again.