But it’s a 2013 Roush Screw!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I understand that it is an aftermarket product but when purchased and installed by the company that manufactured the vehicle (Ford Dealer). And also warrantied by the same company it seems they are congruent.

The Ford dealer does not manufacture trucks and Ford Motor Company does not sell cars. They are two separate companies who have a franchise agreement between them. This means Ford the mfg does not have anything to do with the after market parts put on by a dealer.

I would confirm they will honor the warranty if the engine has problems before buying the truck. I recommend calling Ford Motor Company and not the dealer to do the verification.

KENNEDY Ridley

Reaction score
Bought my 2014 SE whipple charged in April this year with 75,000 miles on the clock. Has a little over 85,000 now. My local Ford dealer transferred the previous owners warranty to me for $75 dollars. Only issues have been thermostat, transmission cooler lines were leaking a little and boot on transmission harness leaking. All replaced at local dealer, cost to me $100 detectable and $40 for a new transmission filter. More than happy! Supercharged at 45,000 miles, deavers installed,torq arms and exhaust at Tasca Ford have all the paperwork over 14k labor and all.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought my 2014 SE whipple charged in April this year with 75,000 miles on the clock. Has a little over 85,000 now. My local Ford dealer transferred the previous owners warranty to me for $75 dollars. Only issues have been thermostat, transmission cooler lines were leaking a little and boot on transmission harness leaking. All replaced at local dealer, cost to me $100 detectable and $40 for a new transmission filter. More than happy! Supercharged at 45,000 miles, deavers installed,torq arms and exhaust at Tasca Ford have all the paperwork over 14k labor and all.

Did you happen to ask about the drivetrain warranty? The rest of the items you mentioned would be covered, but I wonder about engine related problems.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys, the drivetrain warranty stays intact but if you throw a rod or something like that then the claim can be denied.
If cam phasers fail, rear-end blows up or bearings go bad (like mine did) then they will honor it.
So basically if there's clear indication the Supercharger caused the issue it can be denied.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I understand that it is an aftermarket product but when purchased and installed by the company that manufactured the vehicle (Ford Dealer). And also warrantied by the same company it seems they are congruent.

Ford cooperate or the dealer does not warranty a Supercharged Raptor.
Back in the day both Whipple and Roush sold supplemental warranties with there kits, Not any more.
And that's what ticks me off because salesmen would say it comes with a full warranty which was a lie.
And people fell for it because the GT 500 was built with a Supercharger at the Ford factory.
There are a few threads about Roush Raptor owners getting screwed when they brought their blown up Roush trucks back to the dealer.
Only to find out it's a third party warranty company that Roush used.
After a while Roush had to re-deal a deal with a warranty but the truck had to come directly from the factory and a highly encrypted crap de-Tune Tune was used.
You had to buy two supplemental warranties for the Roush stage 2 and you paid through the nose for it and it was for three years to boot.

Last edited:

KENNEDY Ridley

Reaction score
I definitely agree, but anything can happen at anytime even with a new one. I was buying mine as, to find out I had a little bit of warranty was a bonus to me. If it sounds good and runs good buy it. Love the whipple power and sound!

OP
OP
A

azwldcat13

Reaction score
Well, looks like the wife needs an effin minivan before I can buy a Raptor. Thought with the 3rd kid that we could fit them three wide in our 2011 4runner but it’s a pain getting them all in and out unless you have a fu#$*&$ pit crew there to help them. If anyone is seriously interested in the Raptor that I mentioned please hit me up directly. I can give you all of the insight you need to get this beast. Southern Cal is its location.

Lacajun25

Reaction score
Yeah, outside of a minivan, tough to fit 3 car seats in any backseat. PM me the info for the Roush if you don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gen 1 WHIPPLE all the way..!! ONLY problem your going to have is finding a Dr. to get the stupid grin off your face every time you drive it....no,every time you start it up...! When you drive it,it effects another body part.. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter