GEN 2 Burger Tuning Stage 1 Piggyback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris_G

Reaction score
Wow lots of bashing on this forum.
Been running the Burger Tuning BETA stage 1 box for about a couple months now and for the price and ease of install... 10 min... it's been great. Just upgraded to their JB4 OBD module this week. They are constantly developing and updating their tune as they get more feedback so it's a DIY tuner's dream. Their BMW systems work *together* with a flash tune for the best of both worlds and that will carry over to the Raptor in short order. if you're into tweaking your own tune, trying different fuel mixtures, running catless DP's, etc, etc. then it's a really cool setup. If not, then it's probably overkill.
I get not everyone is into running **** injection, tweaking boost maps from your smartphone, etc., like the 600+whp BMW guys are, but I love messing with this sh** and optimizing my tune to suite my mods.

Last edited:

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"diy" tuners dream? cmon 5 posts from this guy. this isn't a race car , its a truck that most guys are looking for an easy free plug and play setup, not constant updates or "****" injection capabilities, and surely not a whole lot of tuning options that will get the inexperienced guy into trouble. Plenty of BMW guys who know what they're doing get themselves in trouble changing parameters with this platform. And i really loved how the burger guy referred me to a bmw forum to troubleshoot random misfire codes and rough idling on my brand new ford with less than 1000 miles on it.

Wow lots of bashing on this forum.
Been running the Burger Tuning BETA stage 1 box for about a couple months now and for the price and ease of install... 10 min... it's been great. Just upgraded to their JB4 OBD module this week. They are constantly developing and updating their tune as they get more feedback so it's a DIY tuner's dream. Their BMW systems work *together* with a flash tune for the best of both worlds and that will carry over to the Raptor in short order. if you're into tweaking your own tune, trying different fuel mixtures, running catless DP's, etc, etc. then it's a really cool setup. If not, then it's probably overkill.
I get not everyone is into running **** injection, tweaking boost maps from your smartphone, etc., like the 600+whp BMW guys are, but I love messing with this sh** and optimizing my tune to suite my mods.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a relevant question PMd to me asking about the jb4 tuning device and when I responded it was too many words for a PM. So, I've posted it here for that person to read. It is almost a rehash of previous posts in this thread. I just had a laugh going back and reading the dumbsh*t posts from the ignorant people on this forum. Anyway, here it is:

"No, I haven't tried the jb4, but it is a piggyback/interceptor device and I have years of experience with these devices on several different applications. They are ancient rudimentary band aids for affecting individual sensors for tuning "effects". The ECU still runs it's regular programming, but you "intercept" and change (usually) the MAP sensor and the crankshaft position sensor signals to a different value, so the ECU uses that value to calculate the fuel and air required to hit the falsely requested Torque/Load. Just over a decade ago, they were the only methods available to affect the factory ECU. A flash tune from just about any tuner is worlds better than ANY piggyback/interceptor device. I/we proved that years ago when one of the piggyback tuners attempted to overcome the flash tuning process. It could NOT be done without flashing the ECU to raise the Torque/Load limits. Piggyback/interceptors are literally dead in the market. Guaranteed, the jb4 will die soon as well because Cobb Tuning has stepped into tuning the Ecoboost Raptor. You can live in the past for quite a while, but you will eventually be overcome by the latest technology. Hell, carbs and points ignition points lasted for what, more than 100 years?"

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Got damn I enjoyed reading this thread! Lets fire it back up...w00t! Anyone running the JB4 on the Gen 2 Raptor have any updates, reviews or opinions? I had the SVC Tune on my 2014 but looking to up the game on my 2019 without playing the return to stock, reload tune game, etc when taking to Ford service. Not saying that is wasn't worth it but the JB4 or similar concept sounds promising with this being my first turbo'ed 4x4 or anything!

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BushwiickBill I’m running the jb4 on my truck and have been for about 5k miles I think. Love it so far and how easily it is to change maps. My truck did a 13.3 @100mph at the track on map 7 with an e25 mix. Easily has a 13.2 in it. Truck is stock besides the jb4, will soon be adding downpipes, inlets, **** kit etc.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have one and like it a lot. If you search, there is a guy here that shaved about a second off his 1/4 mile time with it alone. Pretty substantial I would say. Time slips posted too. I got mine from Nick at Apollo Optics, they keep them in stock.
Also, get the Burger pedal tuner, it's cheaper than the pedal commander and seems more stable.