Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from my dealer. He said ford has a new system where the dealers can pinpoint exactly where trucks are at. My 23 37 is built but now also waiting on microchips. SMH. 22 Bronco has been built and awaiting transport for 6 weeks.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from my dealer. He said ford has a new system where the dealers can pinpoint exactly where trucks are at. My 23 37 is built but now also waiting on microchips. SMH. 22 Bronco has been built and awaiting transport for 6 weeks.
What does SMH mean

ACelia4485

Reaction score
It’s funny. When you first get your order confirmed from Ford, it explains productions as:
  • Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.

So they should have all necessary parts secured before its placed into production. Obviously they don’t follow this or there would be no chip holds.

lngebrown

Reaction score
My take is they want to keep the employees working otherwise there would be massive layoffs. I really don't understand how they can carry all those trucks on their books without receiving any payment from the dealers. Way above my level of understanding.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My take is they want to keep the employees working otherwise there would be massive layoffs. I really don't understand how they can carry all those trucks on their books without receiving any payment from the dealers. Way above my level of understanding.
Ram could easily do an X off sale and get tens of thousands of us to drop our orders and switch. It would be genius.