Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know... personal order, decisions tied to timing, information steers you into a sea of crap. In general, even with their estimates... It's way off in terms of rational timing and normal flow once produced and shipped with no holds. I can see if production was delayed by an extra 12 days from blend date for whatever reason, then delayed at plant because of chip hold for another 15 days once built, then delayed at plant to ship by rail took another 9 days to release, then stuck at a railyard in transit for 14 days, then 12 days to deliver to final destination. But I cant quantify how I was built in 1 day, shipped in 2 days, arrive at railyard in 1 day, then it sits in a 10'x20' spot for 59 days waiting to go 75 minutes to finish transit delivery. Weird at best. Funny thing is local convoy transport picked the truck up and loaded it on carrier 53 days ago to finish delivery... then returned it to lot same day where it sits since. Almost as if it was too soon or was requested to hold off on delivery. Early on FP told me there was a hold. That went away mid November. Whatever. Hopefully soon. This will cost me if I decide to keep... but don't have a lot of options right now to move on.

Almost sounds like they might of damaged your truck loading or unloading it and they are waiting to get it fixed.

BLADErunner

Reaction score
Is this going to be the week for some of us? I’ve been shipped convoy since 12/8!?!
Man I hope!

Mine has been shipped since 10/29 but is stuck at the railyard an hour from my dealership going on 50+ days. It's not even on a chip hold. I'm beginning to wonder if my truck is either damaged, out of battery, out of gas, or just forgotten. I've never seen this situation and my dealer has no other information. Planning on calling Ford tomorrow to see where exactly it's at and what could be holding it up.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost sounds like they might of damaged your truck loading or unloading it and they are waiting to get it fixed.
That's unfortunately what I am thinking. I hope not or that would be known by someone at this point if that is the case.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ETA end date ends tomorrow for me. 66 days since shipped.
35 days for me and hasn’t budged from awaiting shipping. This is beyond frustrating.

Funny thing is my job ordered a company car/truck for me in late October. Turned out it was a F150 XL; it was delivered last week. Amazing how Ford works ; no explanation other than the XL is stripped; but doesn’t explain how it shipped so fast, yet I’ve been waiting 35 days for Raptor 37pp since build.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 days for me and hasn’t budged from awaiting shipping. This is beyond frustrating.

Funny thing is my job ordered a company car/truck for me in late October. Turned out it was a F150 XL; it was delivered last week. Amazing how Ford works ; no explanation other than the XL is stripped; but doesn’t explain how it shipped so fast, yet I’ve been waiting 35 days for Raptor 37pp since build.
11/21 build week for you two?

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I hope!

Mine has been shipped since 10/29 but is stuck at the railyard an hour from my dealership going on 50+ days. It's not even on a chip hold. I'm beginning to wonder if my truck is either damaged, out of battery, out of gas, or just forgotten. I've never seen this situation and my dealer has no other information. Planning on calling Ford tomorrow to see where exactly it's at and what could be holding it up.
A QC hold should show up on VVR. Even damage to the truck should show up as body shop, as the rail depots usually have one on site. Broken railcars also update via the CS updates.

I really have no idea what it could be if nothing is updating on VinView…other than the whole “waiting on a convoy” thing. I was told after my truck was delivered that the reason mine took so long to leave the railyard was because they wouldn’t ship a half full vehicle carrier and were waiting on more vehicles to fill the carrier and then they would pick it up.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new ETA is 1/24-1/30. This is the 13th ETA range for me. Will put me at 90+ days sitting in a lot. No damage and no holds from understanding the reporting process for each and that would have been in status history by now. Lean on the sales or general manager at dealership to look into things further if you have a like experience.

BLADErunner

Reaction score
A QC hold should show up on VVR. Even damage to the truck should show up as body shop, as the rail depots usually have one on site. Broken railcars also update via the CS updates.

I really have no idea what it could be if nothing is updating on VinView…other than the whole “waiting on a convoy” thing. I was told after my truck was delivered that the reason mine took so long to leave the railyard was because they wouldn’t ship a half full vehicle carrier and were waiting on more vehicles to fill the carrier and then they would pick it up.
I'm sure they won't send a vehicle carrier without it being full. Funny thing is, my dealer called me friday saying that they had a 2022 roll in and asked if I wanted it instead. It was a base 2022 without the 801A package and I said no. After I got off the phone I wonder why they didn't include my truck onto that same carrier to get them both there at the same time.

Tomorrow I'm calling Ford Performance and getting all the details with dates and locations to do some more digging. I want answers.