GEN 2 Bug guts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have to resort to heavy chemicals to remove bug guts. Just park the truck on the lawn and turn on the sprinklers for an hour. That softens things up very nicely. But what works even better on surfaces that don't have much convolutions (this won't work on the grill, for example), is to lay a soaking wet old towel over the surface and go drink a cheap beer while the bug guts soften up. Then wash as usual.

It hasn't been mentioned here yet, so I will. Armor All is the slickest stuff you can coat anything with. Does snow stick to your snow shovel? Treat the shovel with Armor All and your sticky snow problem is solved. Works on bug guts, too. But there is a caution. I have been told that painted surfaces that have been exposed to Armor All cannot be reliably repainted. A body shop owner told me that, so I think there must be something to it. So be careful what you use Armor All on. It'll work on that plastic front grill like a champ, but it'll take some time to do it - gives you more time for another cheap beer. :)

Dude lives in the country. Lawn sprinklers?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in the burbs and don’t have sprinklers. You’ve heard of rain.

Dragonta2z

Reaction score
A used dryer sheet and water, Then wash truck as you normally would. It really is that simple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adams waterless car wash. Spray it on before you start your wash, it softens them up nicely
They have a bug remover now i bet it works great.

Adam’s Paint sealant and a layer of H2O guard and gloss will make for easy removal also when those are applied for base layers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelo1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cup of baking soda, car wash liquid mixed in a 5gallon bucket with a wash cloth. Works great! Another great option is mix a few drops of dawn liquid dish soap with a tablespoon of ammonia, 1/4 cup of vinegar and fill up a 32oz spray bottle with remaining of water.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rubbing alcohol destroys bug guts like it ain’t no thang....except when you’re done cleaning you gotta wax again

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use windex, spray on while getting the hose out and prepping everything else, wash like normal and the bugs usually spray off with just hose. I always follow up with Turtle Wax Spray Wax and Shine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter