GEN 2 Bug guts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some advice on what y’all use to get the bug guts off the mirror caps and front grill? I live out in the country and it’s a constant battle. Looking for product recommendations and technique tips. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
turtle wax bug and tar remover.

good coat of wax first. keep as clean as practical. try to get them hosed off sooner, rather than later. bug and tar remover should not be used as a scrubbing agent, btw.

Rddakota

Reaction score
auto clay bar works the best for me. It's also recommended for front windshield for bug guts removal. I use Adam version but any one that's on the market should work.

Dragonta2z

Reaction score
Need some advice on what y’all use to get the bug guts off the mirror caps and front grill? I live out in the country and it’s a constant battle. Looking for product recommendations and technique tips. Thanks!

Used dryer sheets work the best on every surface. Soak down with water and use the sheets. DO NOT use new sheets they have too much softener still in them.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't have to resort to heavy chemicals to remove bug guts. Just park the truck on the lawn and turn on the sprinklers for an hour. That softens things up very nicely. But what works even better on surfaces that don't have much convolutions (this won't work on the grill, for example), is to lay a soaking wet old towel over the surface and go drink a cheap beer while the bug guts soften up. Then wash as usual.

It hasn't been mentioned here yet, so I will. Armor All is the slickest stuff you can coat anything with. Does snow stick to your snow shovel? Treat the shovel with Armor All and your sticky snow problem is solved. Works on bug guts, too. But there is a caution. I have been told that painted surfaces that have been exposed to Armor All cannot be reliably repainted. A body shop owner told me that, so I think there must be something to it. So be careful what you use Armor All on. It'll work on that plastic front grill like a champ, but it'll take some time to do it - gives you more time for another cheap beer. :)

Snowfly

Reaction score
Soak a towel in 50/50 water and hydrogen peroxide. Drape over plastered bugs for 10-15 minutes. Most will wipe off with little effort. Remove the stubborn ones by spraying and rubbing with Purple Slice. Then coat the areas that get bugs with purple slice. Couple coats make it easy to remove those pesky bugs for a few months. Been using Purple Slice for years on my Harley’s. Get it off Amazon

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adams waterless car wash. Spray it on before you start your wash, it softens them up nicely