brake squeal when cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? My truck only does it only in the front and its one side or the other(most of the time on the right side) and on the first stop on a 50 degree or less day? Above 50 degree its fine and doesn't do it all the time.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Every time. Usually doesnt take more than a turn or two of the rotor under pressure before going away. But annoying none the less.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also I know there is no real good reason for these truck to have R-compund brake pads but I would like to know where the compound falls in line with other performance brake pads.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have the same issue. And it is usually the first slow stop of the drive. One good hard stop and it goes away.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freaky. That same thing happened to me today, first time ever and it was like 35 degrees. Happened only once, then went away. That's what I like about this forum. You never know what you'll learn my squeaky brothas! :tinman:

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm...nevermind :mrgreen:

Here in SoCal it doesn't get cold enough for us to experience that. :)
.... Yes, it does just not yet. I've been out there a few times and froze my ass off.
I have the same issue. And it is usually the first slow stop of the drive. One good hard stop and it goes away.
It's just annoying.