Borla #40349 Muffler - 2K mile review

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]' started by Vang, Jan 17, 2016.

Sponsored By: Stainless Works
  1. PBR

PBR Member

Bringing this back to life...

So if I just swap out my stock muffler with this one and keep the factory tailpipe section and resonator, will it still drone?

2. HORN HIGH ACES

HORN HIGH ACES Full Access Member

I have a similar set up and the drone was pretty bad at 1500 to 2000 RPM. I had an exhaust shop install about a 30" helmholtz resonator or "J" pipe between the factory resonator and new muffler which almost completely eliminated the drone.

3. PBR

PBR Member

I installed this Borla 40349 in the stock location with the resonator still in place and stock tailpipes, so just a muffler swap and a few inches of 3" tubing.

So far so good, stock sound at idle. Definitely louder on start-up and when hard on the skinny pedal. Very livable for a daily driver.

4. TallSkinnyMatt

TallSkinnyMatt Member

How is the drone? I'm about the install this muffler and considering a resonator delete + Helmholtz pipe, but curious about just the muffler replacement.

5. Nick@GotExhaust

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Let us know if anyone needs a quote. We often have these mufflers in stock and can offer very good pricing. We have seen a few different platforms using these mufflers. It seems to be a popular low cost option.

6. PBR

PBR Member

No drone at all. My set up is all stock except for the Borla muffler and around 3" of tubing.