Body Creaking Sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving out on a gravel road the other night and kept hearing a creaking sound. Pulled nearly everything out of the interior to make sure it wasnt an internal noise. Finally isolated it to the body in the rear door area. When pressure is applied to the step, it makes the sound. I can feel a almost popping on the body when pressure is applied and hear a creaking sound. It's makes the sound offroad, so dont think its the step generating the sound, but I could be wrong. Anyone run into this before?

OP
OP
Chuckaroo91

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this up with a new video. Removed the side step and can still replicate. Local dealer and body shop suggesting $9,000 repair which takes the truck out 3-5 weeks. Cutting the cab body open to wield or re-rivet whatever is loose. Not a fan of a 2022 with 6K miles needing a $9K body repair.

Has anyone ever had this issue?

View attachment IMG_6255.mp4

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the silicone grease, hit the body mounts with it or anything. Could just be the plastic molding or plastic cab corner making noise when the body flexes.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least you are on target. You know the parts you worked on are at very least associated with the noise.

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
Bumping this up with a new video. Removed the side step and can still replicate. Local dealer and body shop suggesting $9,000 repair which takes the truck out 3-5 weeks. Cutting the cab body open to wield or re-rivet whatever is loose. Not a fan of a 2022 with 6K miles needing a $9K body repair.

Has anyone ever had this issue?

View attachment 419761

I have this same issue (1,800 miles) on my 2023 gen3. There is a black rubber plug right where your hand is pushing down on the body. If you take off that black rubber plug, you will see where the two body panels meet. They are moving and rubbing against each other. Take your finger and place it on that area and step on the floor board. You should feel the "noise". I took some silicone spray and applied it to the area where they meet. The sound is gone!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpeg
    IMG_1471.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 17