Boatec Fenders + Eibach Springs + 37" Tires = Popped Headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alfanatic

Reaction score
I recently had Boatec Front fenders installed to allow for clearance of 37" KM3s with Eibach springs on my 2019 SCREW. On my first off-road trip I snapped the driver's side liner just getting to our campsite at low speeds (-40 MPH). I then went out on a trail for an aggressive run and returned to the campsite to discover I had snapped the passenger side liner, blown out the headlight, broke the headlight trim, and damaged the paint on the new fenders due to a (for me) moderate jump. The internal harnesses were also damaged which set of a cornucopia of dash lights. Had there been no liners (or if I had the stock 35s installed), I doubt there would have been any issue.
Having read many conflicting accounts on what is required to run 37s on a Raptor, I am now firmly in the camp that a mid-travel suspension is mandatory if you plan on doing any aggressive off-roading. I know many of you have made that warning before, and if I wasn't so stubborn I would have listened then.
So, my lesson learned is: 37's require a mid-travel setup if you are actually off-roading. I am going to try the Camburg Live Valve setup with the bump stops and bypass shocks, and would appreciate any feedback on that setup.
Also, a big thanks to the guys at Forged Offroad for always putting my Raptor back together after I break it doing one stupid thing or another. They have been life savers on more than one occasion.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, I run rpg 1.5" collars and 37 Ko2's on my 19. I had my wheel wells trimmed up, not even pinch bolts, and have no problem off roading. I dont jump it as it is not a real pre runner, but drive it hard enough.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why even do 37s?
The added expense, the headaches, the typical destruction - makes no sense.

It's not a big issue on Jeeps (though going 40s is!) and it takes suspension and other add-ons, but if you own a Wrangler you're going to do that anyways. You'll blow pinions with 40s, but we're made of money right?

Brento008

Reaction score
I recently had Boatec Front fenders installed to allow for clearance of 37" KM3s with Eibach springs on my 2019 SCREW. On my first off-road trip I snapped the driver's side liner just getting to our campsite at low speeds (-40 MPH). I then went out on a trail for an aggressive run and returned to the campsite to discover I had snapped the passenger side liner, blown out the headlight, broke the headlight trim, and damaged the paint on the new fenders due to a (for me) moderate jump. The internal harnesses were also damaged which set of a cornucopia of dash lights. Had there been no liners (or if I had the stock 35s installed), I doubt there would have been any issue.
Having read many conflicting accounts on what is required to run 37s on a Raptor, I am now firmly in the camp that a mid-travel suspension is mandatory if you plan on doing any aggressive off-roading. I know many of you have made that warning before, and if I wasn't so stubborn I would have listened then.
So, my lesson learned is: 37's require a mid-travel setup if you are actually off-roading. I am going to try the Camburg Live Valve setup with the bump stops and bypass shocks, and would appreciate any feedback on that setup.
Also, a big thanks to the guys at Forged Offroad for always putting my Raptor back together after I break it doing one stupid thing or another. They have been life savers on more than one occasion.

Good Choice on the Camburg setup. I am going to be going with that setup as well. You might need to double check that your Fenders will work. The Camburg setup moves the front tires forward 1 or 1.5". I was told by them that you have to go with the ADV Fronts with the Camburg Mod. I ordered them and it added some extra cost and an added week on production. Also, need to get the bumper spacers to push your bumper forward a bit to clear. Give Camburg a call to confirm.

Also, where are you running your Raptor at? I live in Auburn and am looking for places to take mine offroad.

xcartelx

Reaction score
Curious what offset you're running. I've run two Gen 2's very hard offroad with 37's for nearly 100k miles with no issue at all. The first truck was even running KR3's, which are notoriously wide.